No announcement yet.

Rah's saturday game IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, he did, for quiting early too frequently or just falling asleep in the middle of a game, and playing way too slow. He had one really bad stretch that got to people.

I guess it's been long enought that it should be reconsidered. (of course I don't need to be reasonable anymore. )

If he could stay awake and TRY to play faster, I'd probably drop the ban. Not sure what Ming would say
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Well RAH, that's one side of the story - which I won't say is totally inaccurate but it certainly isn't totally accurate either. Regardless I am not here to argue. Just wondering how long the twins hold grudges. Afterall, everyone else I talked to in those games (note I said that I talked to and I admit I didn't talk to everyone just most of the others) couldn't understand the ban or thought it was extremely harsh.

It's your game RAH, so it really doesn't matter what I or anyone else think. But, to be honest, if you still have hesitations or are gonna treat me like some second class citizen who has to wimper back with my tail between my legs I will gladly continue playing in the other groups I currently play in and not add you guys back into my rotation. Especially since the other people I play with have no issues with me. I just thought I would check in to see if cooler heads have prevailed. And by your answer it seems iffy.

Comment

• I guess you don't want to argue because you did in fact.
        1. fall asleep multiple times in one month
        2. left the game in the first 45 minutes (usually right after someone DOWed you. Once isn't a problem, but doing it a few times, even with valid excuses, gets old.)
        3. played slow (while annoying, even this wouldn't be critical but on top of the others)

But that's neither here nor there at this point. I never wanted you to wimper back. I just wanted you to show a little more courtesy to the group by playing a little faster and staying awake. If you prefer to play the martyr, feel free. So much for the olive branch.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Well this is my last reply because the last thing I wanted was a "he said/she said" over a game that is supposed to be fun. Like I said some of what you said is true, some is false and some is partially true/partially false. And as I said I am not gonna debate turn length or quitting a game because my wife demanded I spend sometime over the weekend with my family or all the other issues we have already discussed regarding this. So go ahead and post your posts, it really doesn't matter. Like I said everyone I talked to in those games regarding this, either didn't agree with you at all or thought you totally over reacted.

All I tried to do was put everything behind us and not rehash obvious sore spots and points of contention. You were the one who had to blast me twice in this thread and then state you held out an olive branch. If your posts are your idea of an "olive branch" then I guess Bush held out an olive branch to Saddam Hussein in 2002.

Like I said, I play civ already 2-3 nights a week in committed groups and have never had a problem with any of the players. I have never had a problem with most of the other players in your group outside of your Friday and Saturday games (I think it is obvious which other player I have had problems with in your group)

Anyways post whatever BS you want and enjoy it - I won;'t even be back to read the post, at least not for another 6 months or so.

Comment

• Gee, you say you're not here to argue but you call me a liar. Classy.
            All I stated was the incidents and said it was about time to give you another chance.
            Who's the one holding the grudge here?

And your wife excuse was just the last in a string of excuses you used. Your child was the excuse before. And no one accused you of lying about those, our objection was they happened too frequently. And you did fall asleep 2 or 3 times in one month alone. And you're a slow player. When you check back in 6 months or so please point out anything here that wasn't 100% true.
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Hey, I was just answering YOUR question. Cute.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Just a note that the new OFFICIAL PATCH IS OUT so let's see if everyone can have it loaded for this weekend.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Game on for tonight (friday)?

Comment

• interest!

interest! I am patched to 3.19. I can play tonight.

Comment

• I'm in if we play unpatched.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• off the chantix 1 week
                          Do not, I repeat, DO NOT pick up a smoke thinking you will be alright. Don't even bum one.

That was the mistake I made. Chantix had me 2 months smoke free so I stopped taking it. Bummed a smoke at work and two days later I was right back to a pack a day.

At any rate... is tonights game going to be patched or unpatched. I haven't patched yet so i can do either.

Comment

• I'm stuck with unpatched as well. Looks like dual install time is coming!
                            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                            - Anon

Comment

• i'm already patched.
                              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• unfortunately we'll all patched. It doesn't take long.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X