The New Zulu Ruler (cast your vote)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Zulu Ruler (cast your vote)

In the spirit of the demogame (and a recommendation from the demoguide) I have decided to put the new Zulu leader to a vote.

Below are the canadates. I tried to pick african leaders who's play style would be different. Keep in mind I will adhere to a predetermined mindset based on the leader chosen. If it ends in a tie between two or more leaders, I will pick from those which are tied.

The poll ends 2 hours (i think) before the next session. At that time I will submit a post to the story thread explaining the new leader's rise to power.

Shaka Zulu

Shaka (sometimes spelled Tshaka, Tchaka or Chaka; ca. 1787 – ca. 22 September 1828) was a Zulu leader.

He is widely credited with transforming the Zulu tribe from a small clan into the beginnings of a nation that held sway over the large portion of Southern Africa between the Phongolo and Mzimkhulu rivers. His military prowess and destructiveness have been widely credited. One Encyclopædia Britannica article (Macropaedia Article "Shaka" 1974 ed) asserts that he was something of a military genius for his reforms and innovations. Other writers take a more limited view of his achievements. Nevertheless, his statesmanship and vigour in assimilating some neighbours and ruling by proxy marks him as one of the greatest Zulu chieftains.

My Protocol: War and expansion.

Reverend Al Sharpton

Alfred Charles "Al" Sharpton Jr. (born October 3, 1954) is a Pentecostal minister, and political and civil rights activist. In 2004 Sharpton was a candidate for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States.

My Protocol: Religious fanatic. Almost all decisions, including war will have religous undertones.

Nelson Mandela

Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela (IPA [roli'ɬaɬa])) (born July 18, 1918) was the first President of South Africa to be elected in fully-representative democratic elections.

Before his presidency, Mandela was a prominent anti-apartheid activist and leader of the African National Congress (ANC), and was sentenced to life imprisonment for sabotage after he went underground and began the ANC's armed struggle.

Following his release from prison in 1990, his switch to a policy of reconciliation and negotiation helped lead the transition to multi-racial democracy in South Africa. Since the end of apartheid, he has been widely praised, even among white South Africans and former opponents.

Mandela has received over a hundred awards over four decades, most notably the Nobel Peace Prize in 1993. He is currently a celebrated elder statesman who continues to voice his opinion on topical issues. In South Africa he is often known as Madiba, an honorary title adopted by elders of Mandela's clan. The title has come to be synonymous with Nelson Mandela. Many South Africans also refer to him reverently as 'mkhulu' (grandfather).

My Protocol: Peaceful, putting the Zulu's first however.

Master P

Percy Robert Miller (born April 29, 1967 in New Orleans, Louisiana), better known as Master P, is an entrepreneur, businessman, marketing expert, and rap artist. He is the founder and CEO of No Limit Enterprises, an entertainment and financial conglomerate. Fortune magazine listed Master P as one of the wealthiest men under the age of 40 in North America, with a net worth of $361 million in 1999.

My Protocol: Build wealth. Act as a global bank, giving loans to any project, cause, or army regardless of moral or political reason. Will war only if it contributes to the financial bottom line.

George Washington Carver

George Washington Carver (c. 1864 – January 5, 1943) was an African American botanical researcher and agronomy educator who worked in agricultural extension at the Tuskegee Institute in Tuskegee, Alabama, teaching former slaves farming techniques for self-sufficiency.

Carver's most important accomplishments were in areas other than industrial products from peanuts, including agricultural extension education, improvement of racial relations, mentoring children, poetry, painting, religion, advocacy of sustainable agriculture and appreciation of plants and nature. He served as a valuable role model for African-Americans and an example of the importance of hard work, a positive attitude and a good education. His humility, humanitarianism, good nature, frugality and lack of economic materialism have also been widely admired.

One of his most important roles was that the fame of his achievements and many talents undermined the widespread stereotype of the time that the black race was intellectually inferior to the white race. In 1941, "Time" magazine dubbed him a "Black Leonardo," a reference to the white polymath Leonardo da Vinci.

My Protocol: Focus on science and environment. Preference toward peace and tech alliances.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Martin Luther King, Jr. (January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968) was a famous leader of the American civil rights movement, a political activist, a Baptist minister, and was known as a great public speaker. In 1964, King became the youngest man to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize (for his work as a peacemaker, promoting nonviolence and equal treatment for different races). On April 4, 1968, Dr. King was assassinated in Memphis, Tennessee. In 1977, he was posthumously awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by Jimmy Carter. In 1986, Martin Luther King Day was established as a United States holiday. In 2004, King was posthumously awarded the Congressional Gold Medal. [1] Dr. King often called for personal responsibility in fostering world peace.[2] King's most influential and well-known public address is the "I Have A Dream" speech, delivered on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C.

My Protocol: Peaceful, with world interest in peace (as opposed to just the Zulus). Will aid other countrys who are being opressed or outright attacked.
    Shaka Zulu
    0.00%
    Al Sharpton
    14.29%
    Nelson Mandela
    42.86%
    Master P
    0.00%
    George Washington Carver
    28.57%
    Martin Luther King Jr.
    14.29%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Pinchak; March 12, 2007, 18:09.

Great start for your game!
    I voted Nelson Mandela, because I think that the Zulu's need peace to establish their empire, but they also need to put themselves on the first place.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Keep in mind that all the canadates (except Shaka) will have a tendency toward peace. Even Shaka however would have times of peace.

I realize there probably is some concern that another warmonger may take power. Never fear. I plan on playing the demo style, which means measured war.

If i had to rate the canadates on willingness to go to war this would be the rankings...

1. Shaka
      2. Sharpton
      3. Master P
      4. Dr. King
      5. Carver
      6. Mandela

They all however will go to war in the right situation. Mandela and Carver may go to great lengths to avoid it however.

They also may be more likely to go to war in different situations. Mandela may go to war quicker then King for example if he feels the Zulus are being exploited or falling behind. King on the other hand may get involved in forgin affairs even if it means putting the Zulu at a slight disadvantage. Master P will always ask the question "will this make me richer?" before deciding on war. Sharpton bases war solely on religous convictions (whatever shape those may take).

Comment

Germany votes for Nelson Mandela.

Comment

Great idea Pinchak

You are off to an excellent start in the game.

I voted for Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

The Carthaginians, your neighbour to the west, vote for Carver.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

If I was voting for pure fun for me, Id have you be Shaka. Nothing like a good war say I Especially if its against somebody other than me.

If I was voting for who I felt could help me down the line, Id vote for Master P. You just never know when you'll need some cash. But down inside, deep in the very bowels of my soul, a war would have been waged that I couldnt have won. Who am I kinding, Id never be able to vote for Master P for anything. He cant even dance

I voted for GWC, because I think you will be better served in the long run trying to establish a strong economy and research base now. It seems to me to be your best way forward to make a strong nation. Good luck!!!
              Non Serviam

Comment

Mandela, I like him
                "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

So far Mandela in the lead with 3 votes. Carver in second with two.

I will end the voting a little earlier then planed, so that the new leader can address the world prior to session.

Comment

The poll is now closed. Thank you all for voting.

The winner is Mandela with a whopping 3 votes!

Comment

Working...
                    X