HOTW 9 Organisational Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toni

Hope you are not talking about me CS, because in this game i got enough troops to get rid of my three enemies all together!

And Trev pls get your bearings a bit better, everyone was telling your subs to do what you told us before.
    I really don't know HOTW9 from within, so I can't refer to anybody
    I just can only make general diplogame remarks.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Nice diplo concept

Just makes the game more diplo, deity you were right
      Says the person who was the FIRST EVER to use a nuke in a Civ 4 diplo game

And one who razes cities rather than occupy them...

"Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo
        My position remains the same; we must find a different way to end the game, or to win the game.
        We have that. It is the point system that was introduced in HOTW7. Launching the SS doesn't win the game, but it is an end point (cause it has to end somewhere). We are still waiting for people to finish voting in HOTW7. Even though I launched the ship it is entirely possible I won't win that game.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
          Like I said (and did) in HOTW8, if a civ is truely a bad-ass evil civ, then I think it's a bad idea if his good-guy allies stay allied with him.

Obviously, an Italy/German WWII alliance is possible in-game
          An England/German WWII alliance makes no sence.
          Thus a civ can perfectly start trowing nuclear bombs around and be the ultimate evil itself. But I suppose that all civilized good guy civs must break alliance with him.
          For the record, I broke off my alliance with Toni in HOTW7 after he nuked India.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Says the person who was the FIRST EVER to use a nuke in a Civ 4 diplo game
            Deity your point just falls apart, last time i checked India (CS) invaded me in HOTW7. Here the aggressor (trev) jumps the Inca, when even the original player wasn't here and even after missing a couple of sessions. Also there wasn't any bad feelings between both civs. SO i say, you just have no right to compare both situations.

You are starting to broaden the topic here! And lossing site of the real one. Please stay focused!

I hope you saw what trev said LOL I don't remember saying anything like that in HOTW7.

I just decided to begin one basically for the experience
            Last edited by Toni; April 26, 2007, 22:43.

Comment

• So what are the diplo rules Toni?

* You can use nukes IF you get attacked but NOT if you are the aggressor?

* You can NOT use nukes if you take back your civ after subs have run it?

*You can ONLY use nukes IF there is good feeling between the OOC players?

* You CAN'T attack a winning civ if the main player running that civ doesn't turn up?

* If a player doesn't show up for a session we must always cancel that session, even if there is no information provided by that player before the session starts?

Go figure

---

I think you are creating an intricate net of complex circumstances that you are gradually catching yourself in

---

How about the KISS principle?

And with reference to the vast archive of the diplo library that allows individuals to make their own judgements in game broadly based on this collection of wisdom?

---

What do you want me to focus on?

My initially posted point?

The fact that we continued a game after we found a sub for you?
              The fact that you then quit that game displaying very poor sportsmanship and total disregard for the players who DID show up?
              The fact that you didn't like what happened in that session and are making up accusations to explain your poor sportsmanship...

*deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Just a reminder on how this discussion started

---

Originally posted by Toni
                sorry got confused with the time, the current time is a bit too late for me so wasn't able to make it.

By the way guys i give up on the inca, maybe not being here last week and missing a session killed my appetite for continuing the game. I bet a sub will enjoy finishing the game with them.

Sorry!
                My reply:

Toni, this is not good

Pesonally I'm happy to go back to the previous session.

WE need to finish it with you mate
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Mate stop chewing on this topic, let it go.
                  Last edited by Toni; April 27, 2007, 02:20.

Comment

• Toni had an in-game reason to nuke me in HOTW7 (eventhough I think he brought it to or maybe even beyond the limit for the poor indian people )
                    I think his point is that Trev said that he nuked just to experiment with nukes in diplogames, and that's not an in-game reason. That's what Toni tries to say, I think.

@Ozzy, thanks for breaking alliance with Toni when he nuked me
                    The dead and mutated people of India appreciate that

Comment

Mate stop chewing on this topic, let it go.
                      Will you come back for the final session?!!

PLEASE TONI!!

And then I'll shut up!
                      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Probably for good...

*deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by deity
                          Probably for good...

/me sings:
                          Don't try suicide
                          Nobody's worth it
                          Don't try suicide
                          Nobody cares
                          Don't try suicide
                          You're just gonna hate it
                          Don't try suicide
                          Nobody gives a ****

/Queen song

Comment

• Thanks CS for getting my point, other then that i have no problems with that game.

Comment

• And Trev pls get your bearings a bit better, everyone was telling your subs to do what you told us before.
                              This is why turns were wasted with revolutions, 75% production bonus was on key wonder was reduced to zero, 2 costly cities were planted in useless spots, if the subs do this as a result of your advice, then PLEASE SHUT UP and tell them nothing.

Comment

• I subbed for you at one point - I don't remember how long ago - and your civ was in pretty bad shape. I did a great deal to boost your production and improve your land since it was in a sorry state.

Comment

Working...
                                X