Turning the map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning the map

I wish to know how I can rotate the map so I can look at a unit from any of the 360 degree angle I choose. I've seen this done in demo videos and also in the tutorial included with the game, but I haven't been able to do this in the game.

Can someone help?
    Last edited by damarcus; October 3, 2006, 02:48.

Go to the civilizationIV.ini file and change the value "AllowFlying" to 1

; Allow Camera Flying
    AllowFlying = 1

Then start the game and press control-alt-f
    Now you enable the flying camera and you can use the mouse/mousewheel to see everything from every angle.
    You disable the flying camera with control-alt-f again.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I did this, but it's very difficult to control the camera. I just think it would've been nice if they had a more "intuitive" 360 degree viewing control in the game.

Comment

I think there's no other way to rotate the camera with 360 degrees.
        The flying camera is difficult to control indeed, but as soon as you understand how it works it works really good!

Use your mousewheel to zoom in and zoom out and use the mouse to 'look around' as in 3D First person shooters. And do it slowly
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

St00piD Question Alert:

Where can I find that file? What folder.. because I have searched the Civ4 folders and cant find it. Thanks!
          Siga El Conejo Blanco
          Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
          | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

the file name is actually a different one. i can't remember what file it is, but it's in the main folder and it's a txt file.

Comment

Working...
            X