Creating multiplayer account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating multiplayer account

Okay, this is driving me crazy. I'm trying to create a multiplayer account, but my screen freezes and doesn't do a thing. I already looked at the advice offered in this forum (i.e. create "civ 4" account with same info as the gamespy account info), but it STILL DOESN'T WORK.

So let me tell you what I did step by step and maybe someone can tell me where I've gone wrong.

#1. I started Civ4.
    #2. I went to create a new account
    #3. I put in information there.
    #4. I then went to gamespyid.com
    #5. I registered a new account there using same info.
    #6. I validated my email by following link from my email inbox.
    #7. I went back to Civ4.
    #8. I tried to login, but CAN'T.

HELP ME!!!

What I did is made my first account as ForesterSOF and my second one as ForesterSOFPB so I could host a PB and play in it easily.
    You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
    There is a reason for everything.

Comment

I can't even get in there, b/c my screen freezes or something. How the heck can i create a gamespy account that works for civ4?

Comment

You create an account in-game, then login in-game... that simple.

If you already have a GS account for other games, then you need to 'create' one in-game using all the same details. Remember, in-game comes second.
        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
        "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

damarcus, I had that problem, uninstalling, restarting, installing, defragging, then restarting again fixed it for me.
          First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
          Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

I just give up.

Comment

Originally posted by MMC
              You create an account in-game, then login in-game... that simple.

I wish

screen just sits there, even after clicking ok
              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I had the same login Problem I tried everything for months.

Now I can play!
                Suggestion one: create a brand new login name and password in game.

Suggestion 2: Call take 2 they will walk you thru the problems 18662199839

Suggestion 3:
                When loading the game at the very very first hold down the shift button ( I did both LOL) it clears the cache and renews the settings

Suggestion 4: log in to windows with bare drivers by typing msconfig in the RUN window and unclicking everything in the startup tab and reboot. try the game now, this is unprotected Sx because no firewall but u can create a new login and restore settings after getting the multiplayer to work

This last was my problem. There was a CIV 4 and Warloads registration program always loading even tho they are registered.

Take 2 will want you to be sure you DirectX and all hardware is upated (sse driver setective at "drivershq.com" its free

best of luck

Comment

it really sucks that this multiplayer account problem is this pervasive.

Comment

Working...
                  X