Slow playing... H E L P, PLEASE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow playing... H E L P, PLEASE...

Hello. This is my first post on Apolyton, as you can see... I play Civilization IV since winter (December, if I remember well). I defeated computer on monarch level. And I decided to play multi. But of course there appeared a little problem... When I play multi all the units move like they are a grandparents of units on the game screen ( !!! ), I mean they reaction is very very bad... Playing was great fun in single-I have had no problems, but in multi I can't play with the smile on my face because of this slow speed. My units are late 2-3 (ussualy, sometimes about 4-5) seconds! Please, help me. It was very lucky, that I found this site, there are many posts... Maybe someone will help me. I hope so.
    Oh, my internet connection is not so bad-512. Computer must be OK... I think it may be something with settings, last time I read about file Civilization IV.ini where you can change many settings, maybe there is something wrong about this settings. I have no idea... So, if someone have had the same problem, or if someone is webmaster, or can tell anything about this, please help.

PS: Sorry for my language
    I've got Warlords! :D:D:D...

How much memory has your PC got, and were you hosting the games you were having trouble with?
    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Make sure that your ping is similar to those of your opponents.

Comment

I hosted many games (maybe 15), everywere was the same problem...

My Memory: DDRAM 1024

Ping: ??? What does it mean?

Comment

Ping (The far left column in the lobby shows other people's Pings) is a utility that is used to determine if another player's IP adress is compatible with your own. The closer your Ping is to your opponents, the easier it will be for both of you.

You should usually go for lower Pings as opposed to higher ones.

Comment

The Ping is the number of milliseconds for a message to get to another computer and back again. If you have a very low number and everyone else has a high number, then their games will be slow and your game should work as normal. However if you have a high ping (200 or higher is very bad for Civ4) your game will be much slower.
            To find out your ping during the game, press ALT+N (Thanks Forester) and look at the number that appears in the same box as your score.
            Also, 0.5Mb (512Kb) is not a very good speed to be hosting on.
            Last edited by MMC; August 10, 2006, 16:01.
            Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
            "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

ALT + N
              You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
              There is a reason for everything.

Comment

OK, I'll check it, but it won't help, I was doing this, and it was something about 200, another people had 90-150...
                But yesterday I tutned off my antivirus (I deletet it ;]). And it was better! Not like in single, but better, about 1 second of waiting for each unit . Thanks for your advices . And my internet connection is going to change, because at the eng of August my deal with polish internet corporacion TP SA is chanceld. So maybe it all is about connection, I'll write, when my speed will increase. By the way... Is it OK to pay 30 dolars per month for 1024 connection? And tell me another thing, please... Is it another server to play multi in warlords? It will appear in Poland about 16 aug... Maybe It will be better in warlords :P...

Comment

Hi Hunter,

I have the same problem that you have, even when I'm not hosting and even in Single Player (though only when the game has been going on for a while).
                  I have yet to check my ping for the multiplayer games. RAM is 1.25 GB, processor is 1.73 GHz.
                  Does anyone know anything else ? (What a question )
                  What unit are you referring to for internet speed ? I have 125 kB/sec download speed. Could that be the problem ? Although my flatmate is sharing my connection and at least he hasn't complained about any problems yet.
                  Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
                  O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

If it slows as you play more then I would think Video card.
                    You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
                    There is a reason for everything.

Comment

A little advice on multiplayer

1/ run adaware scans frekvently, will bring down peers
                      problems and might help a little on speed to.

2/ always play with fast settings (others hate to wait for your war to end)
                      No combat animation
                      quick moves
                      and whatever else is possible.

3/ connections speed is often not the problem, unless
                      dailup, low grafic ram is often the thing.

My name (on multiplayer and Civ4players ladder) is tamijo, if you see me in lobby i will be glad to help you out. I will not be online much next 3 weeks, but after that weekdays from 17.00 CET.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------
                      Get rid off quitters, join the ladder
                      Hmm........Is this a good idear ?

Comment

Yeah, if you want, you can overhaul some more RAM onto your computer.

Comment

Grafic card ? witch one !

Try with these options, and lets know if that helped you.
                          Grafic=LOW; LOW; LOW
                          Game=Quick move; Quick combat; Quick combat

Try not to start with games off too many
                          (up too 6 players)

? is the other players getting this message
                          "waiting for (you)" or not

If you want to, you can download this program (C4F)

and launch from there, that will disable some catching
                          and might help you gain speed, easyer than changing Civilization IV.ini . lots off players do that, me too

:

Comment

Turn of unit animations!
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

sure but that should be included in setting LOW;LOW;LOW

Comment

Working...
                              X