Diplogame Workshop at Apolycon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplogame Workshop at Apolycon

It went well. CapTVK was with me helping out here and there.

I was surprized and pleased that pretty much everyone in the crowd knew of diplogaming and had an idea what we were about. Several people told me they have read our threads and were impressed with our style of play.

Unfortunately we were pressed for time since the schedule got bent out of shape by earlier presenters, but I knew the people there would have liked to keep going and keep discussing it.

Whether we get more players out of it or not, I'm not sure, but it is always good to know we have an audience (you guys should speak up more! Get some +1's!). Hopefully a few will give it a shot and get hooked.

There were a few good questions/comments about diplogaming from the audience during my workshop. The two suggestions I heard that stood out most was a suggestion we try using Pitboss for the games, and that we have some kind of vote to end the game at a certain point. And declare a winner based on different criteria like who we objectively thought played the best in the game.

Thoughts on that? Has anyone tried pitboss? From what Trip said, it sounds like it just may work.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Great! Where some firaxians on the workshop?
    Diplogaming is maturing, we're already giving away workshops 8)

The pitboss server things sounds like a good idea! I have no experiences with it.
    Regarding the end-game, I think that we just should use a natural civ ending. After that we can of course analyse the game and all vote for a 1st, 2nd and 3th winner. Maybe we should keep a log of the winners. (game-winner and vote-winner / 2nd / 3rd)
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

It was a great presentation, Ozzy
      I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Thanks Zargon.

And yes, Trip was there for the whole thing, and Soren was there for part of it, but then he left.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

What'd you say in your presentation?

Inquiring minds must know!
          "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Well done ozzy

Yeah, tell us what you said - any documentation? Minutes?
            "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Re: Diplogame Workshop at Apolycon

Originally posted by OzzyKP
              Has anyone tried pitboss? From what Trip said, it sounds like it just may work.
              Seems like Trip beat me to the suggestion (not that I could make it to Apolycon).

I also have plenty of experience with PitBoss, and I also support the use of http://www.civstats.com for game/score tracking. Could be useful for increasing the information we can give to readers to keep them interested. For more information on CivStats, check out the ApolytonMFS game which I'm hosting (barring connection problems caused by moving my PC across country).

PS: Unless someone else wishes to claim the title, I would be willing to be Apolyton's Resident PitBoss expert (barring Firaxians and neo-Firaxians)
              Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
              "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

MMC would have my vote, if it matters.
                "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
                Check out my Blog!

Comment

what is pitboss?

also, should we move the discussion about a diplo-endgame-voting system to this thread perhaps?
                  Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Not to this thread, this is the workshop thrad
                    To the general diplogame thread, imho.

Pitboss is a server for civilization. you can download it and run it on a pc. Players can login to the server to play their turn. It's some kind of play by e-mail. If all players login at the same time they can play normal-style.
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Great Presentation Ozzy, thanks for driving me around in Thaboat it was a highlight of my trip... one my fiancee doesn't know about because well, I enjoyed riding in a car, something I didn't have to spend hundreds of dollars to go do...

ANYWAYS

What's happenin' with the diplogames?
                      First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                      Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Working...
                      X