Unit/Turn Movement Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit/Turn Movement Changes

The patch changed the way the simulataneous turns work. Before, everyone could move their units and adjust their build queues all at the same time. Now, if I've figured it out, everyone can still alter their build queue at any time and plan their unit's movement at anytime, however, each civ gets a designated unit movement phase.

If I'm right about this, then I assume it was a reaction to competive multiplayer games. I've never played one, but I can imagine a situation where player A waits until Player B has finished his turn, and then moves a big stack into player B's territory, maybe adjacent to his city. Then, on the next turn, Player A scrambles to go before player B can react and attack B's city.

I'm sure this was a problem, and I'm sure it was very frustrating for player B. However, I play multiplayer games with my friends and we're not so cut throat. In fact, we usually designate ourselves all on one team - so this wasn't an issue for us. Maybe (probably) we're in the minority, but the new system is just a waste of time for my group.

Would it be possible to allow the old turn system? It could be an option that you select when setting up a multiplayer game in the multiplayer game options window. Something like:

-Allow simultaneous unit movement.

Not checking the box would use the default (new) 1.61 system. It can't be that hard to put simultaneous movement back into the game - since it was already there.
Working...
X