X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyKP
    I was thinking of lengthening it...
    That's why the youth in the USA don't have many rights. Their activists have boring long speeches and the politicians have fallen asleep before the reached the end.

And it also shows the difference between you (non profit) and me (commercial)

Keep it brief to enlarge your audience
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

What is this "monday diplogame front" that is at the bottom? :|

Me.

Comment

Most probably a game that was supposed to be played at monday, back in 2001. It either never started, or Ozzy just lacks info about that game.

Comment

In a few years people will start to ask why HOTW X was never played. I suggest we keep it out of the FAQ

Comment

Why not shorten the FAQ, but have extra content in a attached "Diplo Manual.doc"?
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
              Amazing, I never really checked the history of all the games that were played so far (only read the FAQ) and I'm proud to see that my diplo game, back from 1999, was even recorded!!!! I'm there, 1999, CyberShy (Germany) and I just noticed that Frank was in there as well!

It's safe to say that Frank and me are the most ancient diplogame players around 8) (Ok, Frank was there from the beginning, he's even more ancient).
              Ozzy, Frank and The Capo are the most veteran players apparantly.

Is it possible to include HOTW6 as well?
              We've played quite a few sessions and I think we should be included.

Great work for recording this Ozzy! You're really dedicated!

Some of us jsut got a bit busy with life... I played from the ealry games, not as early as frank and cyber, but well before the community got so big.

Makes me laugh often to be referred to as a NEWBIe to DIPLO games.
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I don't know why anyone would call you a newbie.

But I noticed that there have been arguments in the current diplogames, which are pitboss games, and a clamoring for an updated FAQ or at least a list of "rules." I don't like making rules for diplogames, but if certain people think they are necessary I would like to be a part of making these rules to make sure that they aren't too obtrusive to the game itself.

So if anyone would like to help make an updated FAQ for CivIV/BtS I would be interested in being involved in that.

Any takers?
                "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

I have no time anymore. I'd like to see you and CS write up a new draft.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

We need not so much rule of the game, but rules for the type of player who wants to play.

If it a true diplo game it is all about the community. By placing so many hard and fast rules it becomes just another Civ MP game.

Try to avoid that.

If people dont like the way we play then they dont have to play.

Comment

I agree with Ras, of course, I didn't want rules per se, just a guideline similar to the FAQ that was originally written.

An explanation of what we are trying to accomplish, a description of things that have happened and maybe new applications for existing Civ IV game-rules that we can either take advantage of or use for our purposes.

Pretty much a statement of purpose, similar to our declaration of independence in the sense that it spells out a mission statement rather than rules that people have to abide by. Of course certain rules should exist, I was always a proponent of a "no complete conquest" rule.

I was also thinking of maybe creating a diplogame mod, if that is possible.

What I mean is adding things that may bolster the diplogame or at least help us achieve what we want, like I was thinking we could include the Inquisitor unit that they have in the Charlemagne scenario. One that would allow you to remove a religion from your cities. This would make religion and religious wars more dynamic. It could give you an unhappiness bonus, or lead to a rebellion within the city as a drawback of using the unit. Just a thought.
                      "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

removing religion would be a great part of Diplo style.

Comment

The problem with that is that I don't really know how to mod, or know any modders really. I haven't asked though.

But I'm not suggesting a gigantic mod, nothing crazy like changing the tribes or leaders or flags or anything, just maybe adding an Inquisitor unit or changing some of the values of certain techs, units, etc.

But the greater issue is writing up a FAQ or a Diplogame Declaration of Purpose of some sort.

One Love.

Comment

The problem is that normal Civ MP players want hard and fast rules. They dont want the "gentlemans agreements" by begging others to come join the DIPLO community we have watered down what we had.

DIPLO is not short for DIPLOMACY. it was named DIPLO as whilst it does involve diplmacy, it is more about playing your civ to a story, not about playing your civ to win.

Making choices based on your story not on what is best for makling your score increase or improving your civ.

You want to be a religous civ then build all the Relgious buildings not the commerce science and military ones.

want to change style then role paly a coup taking place.

it all about the role playing not the civ playing.

Comment

I know that, I was talking about making an official mod for the game that isn't going to be a completely dramatic (basically not too hard on the modder) departure from the normal game.

Obviously a scoring system would have to be part of the new game just to make it different from a regular game. That said, do we really want to fill our ranks with "Normal civ MP players"?

I certainly don't, which is why I play diplogames rather than normal MP games.

But that is another discussion, I think our main goal here should be to revise the FAQ, possibly clarify what a diplogame really is, especially in regard to Civ IV and BtS and possibly to create an official scoring system (probably based on Ozzy's).

I also think a uniform code of ethics should be established for pitboss games as well. I don't know anything about those games as I have never been in one, so we would need more than just Rasputin and I to do this.

Assuming Rasputin is up for all of this.

One Love.

Comment

long live DIPLO ./////

First rule of DIPLO... Dont talk to anyone about DIPLO

Second rule of DIPLO ....

Comment

Working...
                                X