No announcement yet.

How long does an average MP game take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does an average MP game take?

Just interested in how long ur average MP game would take?

Edit: deleted, misread the MP part.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Duels are usually 1 session - game with 4 or more players are usually at least 3 or 4 sessions.

Comment

Mine are averaging about 6-10 hours over many nights.
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
          Mine are averaging about 6-10 hours over many nights.
          The majority of my games are Blazing, Quick tech or Blazing, Normal tech. The games usually start with six or seven players, and are often decided in four or five hours. I have a had a couple of competitive games that made it to the late industrial era and lasted six or seven hours, but usually people give up sooner than that.

If you do not using a blazing turn timer, your game will last a lot longer. It takes some practice with the unit grouping commands to run a war on a blazing timer, but its doable.
          "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

I, for one, can't stand blazing timer. Even though I am able to keep up with it, it just makes the game way to stressful. And god forbid you should have to go to the bathroom or get a beer.

Comment

I find that there are usually interruptions enough to attend to bodily functions, such as someone trying to hotjoin a game. Also, unless I am at war, skipping a turn here or there is not the end of the world.
              "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude
                I, for one, can't stand blazing timer. Even though I am able to keep up with it, it just makes the game way to stressful. And god forbid you should have to go to the bathroom or get a beer.
                Why is the beer in the bathroom?

That sound almost Australian...

"Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Thanks for the information...

Comment

Nope, my buddies play fast timer on epic with a normal map and three human and three ai. We have Skype running in the background to do the trash talking.

Oh yeah and they likes the raging barbarians.

They also make me play on monarch while they play on noble or less.

(I keep winning).
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Most 130 turn-ish MP games played on C4P run about 3-5 hours depending on the number of players, 4-8 usually games within this time using a fast timer and quick speed.

CS
                      Global Admin/Owner
                      Civilization Players Leagues
                      www.civplayers.com
                      http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

Originally posted by deity

Why is the beer in the bathroom?

That sound almost Australian...

You misunderstood Old Friend. The beer gets deposited in the bathroom AFTER I get done with it.

BTW where are you in this discussion I know you hate turn timers. I remember the practice duel we played where I had the timer on fast by accident. You were so stressed you wouldn't chat during the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude

You misunderstood Old Friend. The beer gets deposited in the bathroom AFTER I get done with it.

BTW where are you in this discussion I know you hate turn timers. I remember the practice duel we played where I had the timer on fast by accident. You were so stressed you wouldn't chat during the game.
                          LOL x2!!

Man that was SO fast, yes

I prefer simult but without a timer. 2 or 3 min timer is OK.
                          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I wish it was like Civ II where you could set a timer to a specific time and then during the game change it with a group vote.

Why do we need to label turn times. If everyone wants 30 secs lets set it for 30 secs - if everyone wants 5 mins lets set it for 5 mins

Blazing Fast ......
                            User specific times

Comment

Working...
                            X