Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of Sync - what does it do? Why did I get it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of Sync - what does it do? Why did I get it?

I started a game recently and within one turn it was reporting "out of sync". The only person whose number was different was me - and I was hosting! The game seemed to proceed as normal after that - though it never got far enough for us to actually see each other. What causes OOS? Does it sometimes get reported when it isn't actually happening? And what can you do when the host is the one OOS? Does everyone else have to leave?
    My home page, My blog

An Out-of-sync message means your data is different than that of the other players. Civ4 doesn't instantly force you to exit and restart the way C3C did, but you can't continue playing, your game is actually different that the other players games. I've heard of instances wear people report units in different locations and wonders that disappear etc, you are really playing two different games as the data you are using is different.

It matters not that you are the host, Civ4 is a peer to peer game, you are just player 0 once the game has started, you need to quite and re-hotjoin to get the good save data transfered to you from the other players. Then all will be well.

CS
    Global Admin/Owner
    Civilization Players Leagues
    www.civplayers.com
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

Working...
    X