Teams and Techs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teams and Techs

Me and my friends played a couple team games. It is pretty clear once you start that you automatically share all techs. However, even in a game of 3v3v3v3 we didn't really advance in tech any quicker, in my opinion, even with 3 full nations all sharing tech. Do you know if the game compensates by making each tech 3 times as long to research? Probably a good idea, I'd just like confirmation.

Secondly, we couldn't figure out how to trade other things with one another. Being able to do things like give your teammate some incense or that city you guys took together that is closer to his capitol would be nice. Can it be done?

Just like negotiations in SP. Request an audience with the player, and then he has to accept and the diplomacy screen comes up. You can make whatever deals you want at that point, just like SP.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

And for resource trading you need to have a trade route to that person(aka if you don't see the icon that looks like a recyling symbol in the player list you don't have a trade route) to trade all resources. So you might have to build a road or plant a city on a common river and connect everything to the resource you want to trade/give him.

CS
      Global Admin/Owner
      Civilization Players Leagues
      www.civplayers.com
      http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

If you have 3 people on your team, then it will take 3 times as long for an individual to research a tech. It is best to have everyone on the team researching the same tech similtanously. That way, your techs will roll in about as quickly as they would in a normal single player game.

To bad its near impossible to get a game going anyways with the bad peer problem.

Possibility

Comment

Working...
        X