Aussie Group Saturday game started 12 November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Group Saturday game started 12 November

The first Aussie group game kicked off last night. We had seom good success in getting our first 10 player game upand running. Although a few plyers suffered from connection issues and harwdare faults, all in all a good start.

This game due to its size will mainly be played on Saturday nights. There will be some weeks were i cant play on saturday nights due to work, but we will make other arrangements.

Game map : Continents.
    Size : Huge
    Style : Epic

10 human players
    2 AI

I will let the people who played there nations, tell you who they were, as i cant remeber them all. Post AAR's here guys after each session if you can.

Next session is Saturday 19th at 7pm.

Following my defeat by barbs, there is one less civ than posted above, an attempt to expand without enough defences cost me the civ when 8 barbs turned up (half axemen), but I was trying to make up for losses from a restart when scout disappeared, 2/3rds of explored map disappeared, all roading, farming, pastures etc disappeared, worker was moved 12 turns away from city as were its defending units. This is the price for continuing to play a game with 'out of synch' error. City topography was also changed, techs lost (but could be relearnt in 1 turn)

Comment

Game is still set for Saturday 7pm.

Is there any interest in restarting this game, due to a few people pulling out, and a few new players comming in. Also deity could play now as BB has pulled out, MP civ iv is ot her cup of tea.

Ill go with what the group wants though. Cya then.

Comment

New game! Yes Hopefully my router is behaving itself now...
        "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Yes im sure we will be restarting, seems to be the opion of alot of the group ive spocken to. Hopefully i can get them to post here, on thoughts, ideas, AARs and so on. Maybe you can help spread that around to deity.

Comment

A new game is the best idea, due to problems with sync errors and change of players, I will be waiting tonight for the game

Comment

7pm tonight guys, Melbourne time game start, me on MSN or ICQ prior to this time. Cya tonight.

Comment

Interesting session.

Game started with 7 players, all on a large map, with continents, tech trading off, no AI.

It seemed everyone was complaining of bad lands, not many rivers, jungle, desert, it was not a rich world.

I was playing the romans, i was lucky to start near 2 fish, 3 crab so i founded my capital to take advantage of that. My capital would become my worker/settler city.

After a little exploring it soon became apparent that i was in for a tough game, not much land to expand into. I had the Chinese to my east, not far away and Indians to my north also maybe two cities distance away. I figured i had enough room for 5 decent cities and 2 small ones, near critical resources.

After i founded my third city, and now Rome and Chinas borders were basicaly joined, i got the message English Civilisation destroyed. What? It seems Major Ball and Aussie Lurker had a skirmish over a settler, placement of city and so on. A short war occured with major destroying the settler and attacking lurkers Capital, which only had 1 warrior defending. So it was easy to take.

Poor Aussie was elimated early, but ive told a number of players now, You must guard yourself. IF you go for all outexpansion withou protection then others will take advantage of you. Also the barbs will wipe you out as has happened in a number of our games, as people seem to think warrior will save them.

So one player down, now major said he had all of one island to himself, altough a crappy one, no fresh water, lots of desert. Good.

Now i was moving a settler north closer to Trev, so i could make a city near some horse and marble. But, i also saw Trev axemen hanging around, so i sent 2 archers with my settler as protection, just in case.

I managed to just bet Trevs settler to founding a city in the same spot he wanted, and at the same time his axmen was moved and cut off between my city and the ocean. Trev protested, saying how will he get his axemen out. Not my problem, build a ship i offered to let him declear war to get it out. Which he did anyway and attacked my city, were i had two archers.

Now this was a defining moment for both our two civs.

His axemen attacked my citiy with my archers, killing my first archer, but the axemen was down to 1/3 strength. Next turn he made for the forest to try and recover there and await reinforcement. I now had a choice if i waited till the axemen recovered ore more arrived i would not have more then 1 archer there in time. So i now gambled and made my one archer come out of the city and attack the Axemen, luckly for me he managed to kill the axemen. The city was saved and soon more forces and a wall were up.

At this same time a large Barbian force hit one of trevs cities taking it, it seems the forces he used on my left him vulnerable to big barb attacks. Me and Trev worked out a peace as it was too ealry to waste to much time fighting.

My empire could now expand to 5 cities and later with another 2 smaller cities reach 7. I now decided to fucus on developing my empire into a military machine. I had barracks in all my production cities which was not a huge production but over time enough. All my cities tiles were well developed due to my capital building workers every 6 turns.

I focused on building Pratorians, and soon amased and army in my norther cities of 12 pratorians and another 4 in my empire to protect against the chinese.

The war went well, it seems i aught trev out of position his forces were massing to the north to attack the Americans. Great, my pratorians took the two borders cities with ease and now marched on Delhi, which also feel easily. A few units arrvied from the north which were dealt with by my pratorians with a few loses. But all up i now had over 20 Pratorians tearing through the indian empire.

At session end all that remains are an unknow number of level 1 cities to take, maybe 1 or 2. Trev had be elinmated basicaly, and room for my empire to grow has been secured. But by my first part of my storey you can see how easy it could have been for it to go either way. Trev could have hurt me bad, but the early war cost him more as Barbians hit him and destroyed a city.

Can you stand the test of time.

Comment

thats really cool, i like your whole chronilogical approch to the story of the game thats cool, i wish all the players in the game would do that, i think it would make things more interesting tacticaly as everyone knows what happened to everyone else...
                  WOOT i AM the g0d of 1337.....

Comment

Well in defense of my aggressive approach I was rather shocked to see a settler from Lurker just wandering a long all on its own. In a moment of panic he built a city which relocated my warrior. Promptly I declared war and destroyed the just layed city and then advanced on his capital. He was pleading for mercy but as I already knew we were on a small island with crappy terrain and very little fresh water. One of us had to go unfortunately. I moved adjacent to the capital with a Chariot and to my surprise was atatcked by the only defender a single warrior. I didnt seek war but as I only had 1 warrior and 1 chariot but 1 archer defending the capital would have stopped me very quickly. There was nothing to be gained from a peace as it was only a matter of time before we fought over our small island.

Comment

Working...
                    X