I am trying to bring back Diplogames...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hosting. Or at least trying to. Answer your ICQ dabnabit

Capo and I were trying to get a test run going, but he is having firewall issues (good thing we tried ahead of time). So how about you and I give it a whirl? I want to make sure the direct IP thing works.

And Xianbei? Damn it, you've just gotta be difficult don't you? Maybe. I dunno how to do that yet, I need to look into it. So it'll depend on how much time I've got over the next week (good luck). Of course if anyone else wants to learn a bit of Civ4 modding, I'd be very appreciative.

Whether or not we can get the labels right, which leader (i.e. which traits) do you want of the two pre-packaged Chinese options?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Hmmm, if its midday Saturday, then I am afraid I will have to pass-sorry ! Midday Friday is even MORE out of the question. Afraid I might have to sit this one out, but have fun !

Yours,
      Aussie_Lurker.

EDIT: actually, if you can contact me on MSN at mhicks49@hotmail.com, around the same time in the evening as you will be playing the game on the day (and let me know what day it is) then I will be able to tell you for sure!

Yours,
      Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

It'd be either mid-day Sunday or mid-day Saturday for you.

Can you do Sunday?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Yes, I can do Saturday-just have to sure to wake up !

Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Ok. Even though everyone seems to ignore my charts, I'm gonna make another one in the hopes that people won't ignore this one and will actually help me fill it in for our mutual benefit.

Who can make which day?

USA Friday Night (Aussie Saturday Afternoon)
            Capo
            Ozzy
            Deity
            Trev? I forget
            Ljube

USA Saturday Night (Aussie Sunday Afternoon)
            Frank Johnson
            Ozzy
            Deity
            Aussie Lurker
            Trev
            Ljube

Comment

Count me in 100% for Sunday Afternoon-and for either a Creative/Spiritual civ or some kind of Philosophical OR Industrious civ (whatever combo is fine !)
              Should point out though that I am still a bit of a newb when it comes to Civ4, so go easy on me (not such a big issue, though, if we are roleplaying-I guess)

Yours,
              Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Aussie, we usually play on real geographic maps (typically a world map) so what civ you get depends on the map and what there is space for. Like if we played a world map we couldn't have players pick France and Spain because they start too close to each other. If we played on a Europe map, then both France and Spain would work.

So it'll depend on who is in the game with you and what spots are available. For this map we are pretty much going to go with a civ in western europe, a civ in eastern europe (like Russia most likely), then an east asian civ (like china or japan), india, then 2-3 civs in central asia, africa and the mid-east in some combination.

Comment

btw, 4 more posts and we've beat out the Aussie thread for the honor of being the most posted in thread in this entire forum.

Comment

he he

This IS an OZZY thread LOL
                    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
                      Ok. Even though everyone seems to ignore my charts, I'm gonna make another one in the hopes that people won't ignore this one and will actually help me fill it in for our mutual benefit.

Who can make which day?

USA Friday Night (Aussie Saturday Afternoon)
                      Capo
                      Ozzy
                      Deity
                      Trev? I forget
                      Ljube

USA Saturday Night (Aussie Sunday Afternoon)
                      Frank Johnson
                      Ozzy
                      Deity
                      Aussie Lurker
                      Trev
                      Ljube
                      Sat looking the best if only playing one night.

Trev is stuffed for both sessions this weekend BTW. But maybe with the team approach Trev could sub another main player if he is keen.

If they don't mind Trev and DD would be great subs if we do start this weekend.
                      "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Well without Trev and Capo, then we've only got 5 ready to go for this Saturday, and no subs yet as far as I'm aware. So sadly, we might have to delay a week even for the early game.

Comment

• btw, we're number 1! we're number 1!

Diplogaming pwns Civ4-MP.

Comment

• EDIT: When I posted this it was in response to Deity's comment before, I was just not around for those posts. So this seems ridiculous, but whatever...

My life's in order its just not easy for me to shift around my schedule. I'm in Grad school right now so my schedule isn't exactly easy and open for Civilization, at least not without some re-scheduling, which I've done. So f*ck off. I've got friday off, I work very late most every other night and when I'm not doing that I'm working at my internship or reading, or going to class, so I've managed to get Friday open, sorry I can't get Saturday off, I either have to open up a bar or I have to close up a bar.

And I'm not saying that to get any type of reaction, I'm just saying that because its the truth and that's why I can't switch to another day, maybe during the week (like on a Thursday) or something, but Friday is the only time I was able to take off that would be condusive to Civilization.

But Ozzy and I had a discussion earlier and he made some good points to me, he said we should take about a week to discuss it but we'd have to come to a consensus or we'd have to play two games.

I would REALLY like to play with Deity, and Ozzy particularly because I played in HOTW2 with Deity, Ozzy also played but didn't start it out, however we've played in some other diplogames before and he's one of the best out there so I wanted to play with him too, Frank's also a great one but he can't play when I can, so I don't know what's going on but I think we've gotta have a really good game with solid players, but we should also try and actively get some other diplogamers so we can expand the genre. Civ IV is perfect for it.

That's all I have to say.
                            "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Ozzy, the problem with the game is that after a while it becomes so slow and unplayable that I have to restart the PC. This is a second issue called 'memory leaking'. Both problems I'm experiencing (video card driver related restarts and memory leaking mid-late game) are result of shipping unfinished (unpolished) product. Hence the patch only 3 weeks after release of the game.

Now, we can surely start the game and later patch it up, of course. I’ll take Catherine.

Comment

• What are your thoughts on the rest of the issues we've been discussing here?

Comment

Working...
                                X