No announcement yet.

I am trying to bring back Diplogames...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if we decide to allow you to pick (and you are interested in picking), the combinations that would be allowed are:

Kublai:
    Spirtual/Creative (like the Egyptians)
    Philosophical/Creative (like Frederick)
    Finanial/Creative (like Catherine, assuming Russia goes with Peter)

Genghis:
    Spirtual/Expansive (like Isabella)
    Industrious/Expansive (like Bismark)
    Philosophical/Expansive (like Peter, assuming Russia goes with Catherine)

Creative/Expansive (like Caesar, though since Capo is playing Caesar, I'm going to recommend a veto on this one)

Notice that Firaxis never made any leaders with an Industrious/Creative, Financial/Expansive, Organized/Creative, or Organized/Expansive combo. So trusting in their judgement I'll not allow those combinations either. Maybe they thought they were unbalanced, who knows.

If you decide to switch, I recommend keeping your UU and starting tech the same, since those are determined by the civ, not the leader.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I don't care so much for what traits I get, more as to the whinning I'll get if I'm forced to roleplay in a diplogame to those particular traits.

Right now I'm pretty well convinced that I can overcome at this point. Although I probably would want the creative/aggressive combo.

The barbs are pretty good at managing themselves. If you get proactive and treat them like you might a rouge AI settling in your area, they are put down pretty easily. If you ignore them, they will set up little empires of their own and bring the hurt to you.

Comment

Ok, cool.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Creative/aggressive combo is the ultimate combo for warmongering. Deity, watch out!!!!

About my civs, well I kind of fancy Russia which can be roleplayed much more easily. I know precious little about Mali.

Comment

And you know what, I will never adopt any religion other than Christianity, so crusades be upon you taoist, hindu, jewish, buddhist and other heathen scum!!!!!

Comment

Not if my Hindu missionaries get to you first! mwa-ha-ha!

Well if you want Russia then declare it now. The sooner we get everything figured out the sooner we can get this thing started.

So if you go with Russia, then Trev will get Mali.

Do you want Peter or Catherine?

Would 4:30 or 2:30 am work best for you Ljube?

Comment

I got my work schedule so I know Ill be leaving work at 6pm my time on saturdays. Given the level of traffic and the fact that I'll probably be starved a 7:00pm my time start could work.

Comment

Ok, then we can shift an hour earlier and Trev can still make it. So its up to Ljube then. Would 2:30 work better for you?

That would work better for me actually. Starting at 8:30 rather than 9:30.

Comment

Finally, I'm back...

First things first: Sorry I haven't responded to any of these posts but I have been in what should be considered a "week-and-a-half-long" bout of problems with Apolyton over getting my log-in back to working order. Regardless the issue is over (I think) and I will now be able to resume activities here at apolyton...

Second issue, I can absolutely NOT play on the time scheduled for this game. Again; I realize I didn't say anything sooner but I was having issues logging in, which stopped me from posting, which stopped me from telling you I couldn't play on the planned play-day/time.

So, I can only play on Thursday nights in the United States, I may be able to amend this, but as of now I can only play on Thursday nights in the United States of America (American Eastern Standard time).

There is a chance I can change this, but I work as a bartender on Friday/Saturday nights and can't afford to lose that money.

Sorry, but that's the way it is.
                    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Hmm.......

Well I could do Thursday night, but it would have to be earlier. 6 to 11 or 7 to 12 would work for me only. No staying up till 2 am for me on a work night. That would throw off the Aussies probably though. Hmm....

I've generated a bit of interest over at CivFanatics, maybe we'll have enough players for two games.... I dunno....

Comment

Alright...

Well, we shoudl try and figure out times that are good for everyone so people should just post when they can play and we can figure it out. I can pretty much play Thursday and Friday nights (which I believe is Friday and Saturday afternoons respectively in Australia).

I may be able to play on other nights but I would need to see what times the other players can make it and figure it out from there.
                        Last edited by The Capo; November 16, 2005, 12:40.
                        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

I can do Wednesday or Thursday nights provided we end by midnight my time. Friday and Saturday nights work best though.

Comment

Unfortunate due to other commitments I cannot play this Sunday (unless start time was delayed by about 3 hours) and the following weekend I am unavailable all weekend due to a wedding commitment 450km away. Make plans based on what others can do, and if the game gets started in that time I will be available as a reserve most of the time.
                            I recognize that these games need to be started while the iron is hot and not delayed, so I will accept any decision to play without me.

Comment

If this keeps up the whole thing will be blown off until new years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljube
                                Creative/aggressive combo is the ultimate combo for warmongering. Deity, watch out!!!!

About my civs, well I kind of fancy Russia which can be roleplayed much more easily. I know precious little about Mali.
                                Me no war monger!

Hey, Civ4 is different anyway

I reckon we have to start this USA Sat night and or Friday night; otherwise it won't happen or we need two games. Usa Thurs night is possible but not desirable.

Can you do USA FRI NIGHT Trev? Does this suit the majority?
                                "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                                X