No announcement yet.

I am trying to bring back Diplogames...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm off spreading the Gospel: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=151191
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• We need to sort this out!

First of all, happy new year!

Now that we have that out of the picture we REALLY need to figure out how to fix this game. I think we need to secure some players for this upcoming week and possibly consider an extra session to catch up with.

As long as Deity has the original save game with his second installed version of Civ IV we can play. I THINK he said he had it saved on his hard drive twice, which means he has a version of the game (and hopefully the save) that wasn't effected by the patch. If this is the case we can just revert back to the original version using his save, or try to fix the password issue somehow.

Again, as we saw on Friday we need to secure a group of players that is going to show up and play. So far we've had some trouble getting everyone to the games. Mike may have a good excuse, but his absence was part of the problem. So we need to get confirmations from now on and make sure we make arrangements for subs if we aren't going to be around to play, its the least we can do.

There is nothing wrong with the game itself, so I don't think we should junk it. Its still early and everyone still has an opportunity to come up and become powerful. So we can get replacements if need be, but I don't think this thing should be scrapped or restarted. We've already restarted once.

Later.
      "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Hey folks.

I've just come across this thread, and I must say that I'm interested in joining such sessions. I'm in the GMT +8 timezone (no daylights savings), and I'm generally available in the evenings (past 8 pm). So if you need a spot filled in, yeah

Oh, and this is my first post on the forums ever. Yay. ;p

Comment

• Ozzy, hope all is well with you. Wanted to let you know that I got the game for Christmas and will be playing in any diplogame that I can find room in.

Let me know.

Comment

• Excellent timing you two

The Friday game has a need for a new Mongolia player. Mongolia has taken some lumps in an ill-advised war vs. India and Japan, but there is plenty of life left in the civ. And a huge amount of forests that can be chopped to fuel a powerful empire yet. The Friday game runs from about 8 pm to 12 am EST (GMT -5).

We seem to need a sub every week too, so it'd be a great idea to just be online Friday night in case we need you. Find me on AIM, my screen name is "LazerKP"

Also the Saturday game may need a new player (and if not, then definitely subs), hopefully someone from EoM2 will respond here soon.

Both games as far as I know require everyone to play with the unpatched version. So if you have installed any patches on the game remove them now so we don't have to wait around come game day.

Please confirm here if:

You are interested in taking over permanently for Mongolia in the Friday night game.

You are usually available USA Friday nights (GMT -5) from 8 pm to 12 am and will check this forum to see if we need subs.

You are available THIS Friday from 8 pm to 12 am to sub and/or take over Mongolia permanently.

You are interested/available to play USA Saturday nights in the other Diplogame.

Thank you.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Hey Ozzy, I've been thinking-what with all the new people wanting to join up, all the problems we have had with people not being able to play in the past AND the difficulties we have had with patch 1.09 and coming up with rules to prevent overly rapid tech growth etc, I was wondering if it might not be worth starting a new set of Diplo games from scratch-using the newest patch, and new in-house rules for unit movement and tech-swapping etc. Please let me know what you think. I am more than happy to continue the existing game (though I will need to replace the unpatched version of Civ4 I deleted the other day ) but think we would gain a great deal more from starting fresh.

Yours,
              Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

• Ditto here... pre-1.52, my Civ4 was unplayable after a couple of hours, and gave a lot of problems in the meantime.

Hmm, as for availability... on Fridays, I'd be fully available from 10 onwards (GMT -5). Actually, the same applies to Saturdays too.

Comment

• Well you guys are free to do what you wish with the Saturday game. But I think we've put too much into the Friday game to restart now. Heck we've already restarted once. Capo and I at least have no interest in starting over a second time. Especially with all the posts we've written so far.

Kuno, be online this Friday in case we need a sub.

If you can only play after 10 it'll probably be too late for you to be a permanent player, but people's schedules are always so unpredictable that if you are online as a sub it would be nice.

So Dylan, can you make it this Friday at 8?

It'd be neat to have you in the game since Capo and I are both right in the area. The three of us could meet up at some point.

Comment

• Hey, welcome to Civ4 Dylan & co. Even Hydey is about...

With password problem... I've tried everything to create a v1.52 save of the diplos but without success. We'll have to play v1.0 in BOTH diplos.

I feel strongly that passwords should work properly. They sort of worked in v1.0 but not in v1.52 for Direct IP games. Even worse is that v1.0 games, despite opening successfully in v1.52, do not recognise v1.0 passwords.

Ozzy can rant and rave as much as he likes but I'm sticking to my guns on this one. I should be able to use passwords and if Firaxis have screwed up then it's not my fault.

I'm sorry to all the players that this has happened (but not sorry as in being my fault)

So just look at your own avatar ozzy
                    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Aussie_Lurker
                      Hey Ozzy, I've been thinking-what with all the new people wanting to join up, all the problems we have had with people not being able to play in the past AND the difficulties we have had with patch 1.09 and coming up with rules to prevent overly rapid tech growth etc, I was wondering if it might not be worth starting a new set of Diplo games from scratch-using the newest patch, and new in-house rules for unit movement and tech-swapping etc. Please let me know what you think. I am more than happy to continue the existing game (though I will need to replace the unpatched version of Civ4 I deleted the other day ) but think we would gain a great deal more from starting fresh.

Yours,
                      Aussie_Lurker.

I sort of agree with this but on balance I think we should see these two diplos through and by then we'll be in good shape to define all the in house rules for the next round of diplos.

By then, in a month or two, we'll be downloading our 6th patch anyway....
                      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by deity
                        I sort of agree with this but on balance I think we should see these two diplos through and by then we'll be in good shape to define all the in house rules for the next round of diplos.

By then, in a month or two, we'll be downloading our 6th patch anyway....
                        First house rule: NO PASSWORDS.

Comment

• Bored today, thought I'd drop by and see how this was going. How's the experiment so far?
                          I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                          Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP

First house rule: NO PASSWORDS.
                            This is NOT a diplo game rule.

As soon as Firaxis sort out these problems I'll resume using passwords. It is my choice and not subject to any debate.

Your aggression on this matter is most disappointing and very unlike you to confuse issues like this.
                            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• *gives a thumbs up to being around on Friday*

Comment

• Originally posted by drake
                                Bored today, thought I'd drop by and see how this was going. How's the experiment so far?
                                Bored?

We'll try and hot things up for you

But to answer your question the game itself is going great (despite a few issues).

Civ4 is fantastic and I recommend you join us ASAP Sir Francis
                                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                                X