I am trying to bring back Diplogames...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deity
    Hey guys, vote in the Hall of Fame thingy!

Get two diplo-gamers in... which just happens to be ozzy and me with te best chances
    My votes continue t obe Ozzy and Deity till they get in ...
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Heh, sounds like we need a certification map. Solo game on noble setting, build 9 cities by 1000ad and hold them from barbarians. ^_^

Comment

• barbaians seem t ofound citys in areas of uncontrolled terriory a lot in this version of civ. pays to expand rapidly to get as much territory under your built quickly and prtoect those citys with at least warriors to prevent barbaria nintrusion.

Comment

• You do that Raz and you are gonna be running with 10% science just to pay the bills. Try playing on smaller maps, less barbarians that way. Get comfortable on standard maps on noble so you're ready for the next diplogame that starts up. It'd be good to have you in.

Also, interesting to hear that the barbs are a problem in africa. I was worried that having only one player in africa would be a problem since that person would grab too much territory. But maybe it balances out enough because of the barbs. That'd be good to hear. Of course I don't want it to tip too far and cripple someone. We'll see how Deity does I suppose.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Well, to be fair Ozzy, I didn't do myself any favours. I kept falling for the oldest trick in the book. They would try to pillage my beautiful cattle pastures, gold and gem mines and-before they could do TOO much damage, I would come out to meet them-only to get cut down where I stood (and the fact that I failed to have multiple defenders in Djenne!) I did manage to do the same trick to them though, pillaging the iron mines of Arrian-and provoking them into sacrificing their precious mounted archer in a suicide attack against macemen in hills! It was beautiful to behold ! Of course, your observer corp saw everything-so why am I telling you this?

Yours,
            Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
              You do that Raz and you are gonna be running with 10% science just to pay the bills. Try playing on smaller maps, less barbarians that way. Get comfortable on standard maps on noble so you're ready for the next diplogame that starts up. It'd be good to have you in.

Also, interesting to hear that the barbs are a problem in africa. I was worried that having only one player in africa would be a problem since that person would grab too much territory. But maybe it balances out enough because of the barbs. That'd be good to hear. Of course I don't want it to tip too far and cripple someone. We'll see how Deity does I suppose.
              te lowest i have had to drop my science rate is about 60% till i build some money making improvments. But the tech rate versus the AI hasnt been a problem yet as i hav ealways been well ahead of them. obviously havent played on the higher levels yet. but will do as soon as i get my computer fixed, it crashed and now cant even get the CD out of the drive

Cant stand small maps where i am limited to how many cities i can build, i find if by game end i have less than 20-30 cities i dont feel i have built an empire... empires are huge not small tings..

Comment

• About those diplogames...

I was thinking that because the holidays are upon us in the next couple of weeks we should probably either (a) agree on taking a break, or (b) reschedule the games. I know for a fact that both of them will conflict with holiday schedules as the Friday Night (US) game would occur on Christmas Eve in Australia and the Saturday Night (US) game would occur on Christmas day in Australia, so that in and of itself creates a problem. Of course the US players would also be effected, but not as badly.

So we should either plan for these games to be rescheduled or agree on playing them regardless. I think we'd be better off deciding this now rather than later.
                "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Re: About those diplogames...

Originally posted by The Capo
                  I was thinking that because the holidays are upon us in the next couple of weeks we should probably either (a) agree on taking a break, or (b) reschedule the games. I know for a fact that both of them will conflict with holiday schedules as the Friday Night (US) game would occur on Christmas Eve in Australia and the Saturday Night (US) game would occur on Christmas day in Australia, so that in and of itself creates a problem. Of course the US players would also be effected, but not as badly.

So we should either plan for these games to be rescheduled or agree on playing them regardless. I think we'd be better off deciding this now rather than later.
                  I'm happy to cancel play on the Xmas weekend but I can play most other days... during week etc.
                  "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• I am unavailble from Friday the 23rd until-sort of-Sunday the 1st of January. Technically I might be 'around' on the 1st, but I will probably be sleeping in after a night of heavy partying !

Yours,
                    Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

• Yea, cancel Christmas weekend. I can play all other days.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Well...

I was kind of hoping that, especially in the case of the Friday Night game, we could have another session during the week instead of playing on Christmas weekend. I mean, we had to restart that one, so I think it would be better if we still got a session in for that week, so any ideas as to when this should be?
                        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• I'm leaving Wednesday for a week in California visiting family. So... probably won't work.

Comment

• Listen guys, I've been thinking about what happened in the Fri Nighter Diplogame.

I think we made a big mistake in expelling Your God.

It's not up to us to say how a Civ should be run. He doesn't have to negotiate and the thing he did spiced up the game. If it ended in his demise so be it.

I thought he was quitting so I lined up Trev as a replacement and at the time I was thinking that Your God was not really up to diplogaming. But that's not my decision or anyone elses.

What rule did he break?

If we reach a situation where a civ ruler refuses dialog the other civs have to accept that, weigh up what it means and act decisively - end our turns and make in game strategic decisions about our next move.

I feel guilty about the fiasco and for any role I played I apologise to Your God.

What message are we sending other players to join us in our wonderful diplogames?

As a group we screwed up here, I reckon.

BTW Some of our in game chatting was a mixture of in character and OOC. This can cause mis-understandings. Maybe we need a few rules on that. I suggest in-game dialog is all in character.
                            "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• What happened?

Comment

• Reducing maintenance and increasing tech cost aren't at odds.

Increasing tech cost addresses fast pace of research. Techs so researched might become to precious to trade, particularly military techs.

Reducing maintenance will encourage expansion which will probably lead to earlier conflicts making military techs even more important and making tech trades even less likely.

Comment

Working...
                                X