Chat Box Problems in MP - hitting enter doesnt send text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat Box Problems in MP - hitting enter doesnt send text

Sometimes when I'm in a multiplayer game, when I type in the chat box, hitting Enter doesnt send my line of chat. The text that I typed is still sitting there but I cant send it to the other people. This happens both in the staging room and in trading windows in game. Sometimes it works okay and I'm able to send my text without problems.

Does anyone else have this issue?

I have had this happen, just in the lobby, and in the diplomacy window, i can still do in game chat though.

Comment

I had that issue until I realised that the number pad Enter key DOESN'T work!

You need to use the alpha pad Enter key.
      "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Both enter keys dont work, but rebooting usually fixes the problem. The problem isnt that bad compared to what other problems I could have had tho, so I wont complain

Was just wondering if anyone else had this

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney_Bristow
          Both enter keys dont work, but rebooting usually fixes the problem. The problem isnt that bad compared to what other problems I could have had tho, so I wont complain

Was just wondering if anyone else had this
          Both keys?

Yeah, thank God for minimal problems///.... so far
          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I have this problem also with both enters, and rebooting does not seem to fix it either. This happens everytime I am in a staging room.

Comment

I'm not sure what the problem would be, I know the Civ4 menu's are slightly irritantly in that you many times have to have your mouse curse over the chat box to type in it, but my enter key has always worked although being a mouse person I normally use the OK or Send button instead.

CS
              Global Admin/Owner
              Civilization Players Leagues
              www.civplayers.com
              http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

I am not sure where you are talking about this being from. In the staging room I do not see any send buttons. I usually only play over direct IP because I am on a campus resnet with a particularly paranoid firewall between me and the rest of the internet. It is in the staging area there (after we have all connected but before we have started the games) that I am having this problem. I basically do not get to argue with them about the game rules and setup and have to settle on what they want. I also noticed that there is not a send or OK button in the ingame chat either... but I am able to chat while in game... just not in the staging room.

Comment

Originally posted by Farinhir
                  I am not sure where you are talking about this being from. In the staging room I do not see any send buttons. I usually only play over direct IP because I am on a campus resnet with a particularly paranoid firewall between me and the rest of the internet. It is in the staging area there (after we have all connected but before we have started the games) that I am having this problem. I basically do not get to argue with them about the game rules and setup and have to settle on what they want. I also noticed that there is not a send or OK button in the ingame chat either... but I am able to chat while in game... just not in the staging room.
                  True the staging room just depends on pressing enter. I'm still not sure what your problem is, but I'll ask one of the programmers to see if he has any ideas.

CS
                  Global Admin/Owner
                  www.civplayers.com
                  http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

Maybe this is too simplistic but when the enter key doesn't work for me it's when the cursur isn't showing in the chat box line. All I have to do is reposition the cursur by clicking there and the enter key will work.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                      Maybe this is too simplistic but when the enter key doesn't work for me it's when the cursur isn't showing in the chat box line. All I have to do is reposition the cursur by clicking there and the enter key will work.
                      Yes which is the problem I mentioned above, the "I beam" cursor in the dialog boxes is tricky.

CS
                      Global Admin/Owner
                      www.civplayers.com

Comment

The problem has nothing to do with cursor positioning. None of the enter keys will work in the Gamespy Lobby, period. Hence, it is impossible to chat, which is a major hurdle if you want to host a game.

Has happened occationally before 1.61, but it is now a pretty much permanent state for me (post-patch). A solution would be most appriciated.

Comment

Working...
                        X