Out of sync errors. What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of sync errors. What to do?

Three times I just tried playing the American Revolution scenario in multiplayer, and all three times we got the out of sync error - I could conquer his cities without him being able to see it.

Is this a bug in the game or is it just because the internet is unstable? Is there anything we can do to prevent OOS-errors? Does playing with simultaneous moves increase the risk of OSS-errors ocurring?

We played a whole standard civ game with simultaneous moves without problems though.
    Last edited by fimp; November 2, 2005, 18:37.

Did it happen every time you captured a city? Did it happen any time other than when you captured a city?

Comment

As far I know the Out of Sync error happens when someone is using a hacked copy. This seems to have held true in my multiplayer games. Sadly, they are still terribly buggy for any number of other reasons (interface, password protection doesn't work, ect)

Comment

I was just playing a random map game with the OOS message up, of the 7 players in game 3 had one MAP and 4 had another. The egyption player was to the east on my map(i was on the western coast) untill he DIED where as to him i was in the east and he hadn't even been in a war at all.

So it's not just an issue of lag or packetloss or anything, we where playing two totaly seperate maps.

***EDIT***
        I have a legit copy, don't know anyone right now with a hacked copy so can't test that.
        Last edited by elistor; November 4, 2005, 18:38.

Comment

Trip -> It didn't happen when capturing cities. IIRC, there were no special events when the OOS error came.

Sparo -> Well, yes, I live in Europe, so I decided to get a copy from the internet so I could play untill I got my real copy. That I got today though, so I will try it out again. Sounds a bit weird though.

Comment

It happens not because of hacked copy, hacked copy is 1:1 copy so no files modified.

This happens pretty often when people join already running mp game.

Best u can do is save and then restart game server from savegame, but it have no point unless u sure people u playing with now going to rejoin, in 90% case they dont, unless theyr ur friends.

Comment

Best u can do is save and then restart game server from savegame
              Will it work even if I save the game AFTER the OOS error has occurred?

Comment

Yeah.

Comment

Working...
                X