Religion in multiplayer - comments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religion in multiplayer - comments?

I'm a huge Civ player and an even bigger fan of Civ IV, but after a few games via Lan I have to express some disappointment with the way religion in general - and missionaries in particular - functions in multiplayer.

I've found that since missionaries can't spread the faith without open borders (and no human player would agree to such an offer) it negates the advantage given to Civs that are able to get a quick jump on Buddhism and Hinduism (via Mysticism starting tech). This should be a significant money-maker, cultural tool - and a viable means of spying once you build the shrine.

I feel that missionaries should act as explorers do - ignoring borders - and also be able to enter any city regardless of war, peace, open borders or what not. For those of you who say that religion should spread without them...well in my experience it does not and has not.

Would it be easy to mod this change? I'd also like to see seige weapons be able to do collateral bombardments, giving us all a way around citystacks of doom (CSOD).

Thoughts?

Religion does spread without missionary as long as you build your religion's wonder building. But even then it is rather random.

Also the players you play with don't do open border? Do you play with a bunch of anti-social warmongers?

Maybe if you want your religion to spread you need to threaten your neighbors LoL *cough* Holy wars *cough*

PS Just build a ton of suicide catapults to whack the stacks of doom.

Comment

Working...
    X