Multiplayer difficulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer difficulty

The game works great so far and the only issue I have is this. In playing Hotseat as I do often, I cannot set the difficulty level on any computer players I add to the game. I can only set the difficulty lvl on my own faction. Will setting my difficulty lvl higher or lower have some effect on me or is this all useless and Ill only ever be able to use noble lvl comp players?

The way it works with AI Civ's in any game is that it is *your* difficulty level that sets the AI's bonuses. Noble is the equal setting, below normal and you get the advantage, above normal and the game gives the AI advantages, but note these are advantages and strictly related to research and production etc, the AI in CIV does not cheat and know were hidden resources are or were your cities are that they can't see. Also the AI treats other AI civs just like you. So happy Civing.

CS
    Global Admin/Owner
    Civilization Players Leagues
    www.civplayers.com
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

So, if I were to set my difficulty level at "Chieftain" and another player sets his difficulty level at "Deity", then what would be the difficulty level of the AI? If what you're saying is applied to multiplayer with both humans AND AI, then there would be absolutely no incentive to setting your own difficulty higher than the other people, since you only handicap yourself, correct?

Comment

I'll have to check but I beleive that the AI will use the higher handicap for its level of bonuses. When two human players use different settings it is the human that get the different levels of advantages, ie if I'm on Noble and you are on Cheiftain, you will be able to research faster and produce units faster than me. As well on the higher levels the advantaged player/AI starts with extra units/workers and settlers, which is quit the advantage in itself.

CS
        Global Admin/Owner
        Civilization Players Leagues
        www.civplayers.com
        http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

Your right Canuck. Ive tested it. Try putting 4 humans in hotseat with varying degrees of difficulty, you'll find that the lower difficulty lvls allow for quicker learning of technology. I assume this also effects production values but thats just an assumption.

Comment

I dislike the fact that the manager of the game can't alter the difficulty levels of the other playser. Now everybody has to do that for himself.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
            X