Multiplayer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer question

I apologize if this is a naive question but I am not well-versed in these matters.

Will the EULA and software itself allow multiplayer games within the same household? It seems odd that my brother and I would have to spend $100+ to play a game with one another. We don't have to buy two copies of RISK.
    "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
    "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
    "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Don't know about the specific EULA for Civ IV, but the standard in the industry is that you need to purchase a license for each copy of the game you want to run at the same time. So in theory you and your brother would both need to buy a copy if you each wanted to have it on your own computer, and play at the same time (as in against each other). My bro and I certainly are doing so.
    That it is wrong for a man to say he is certain of the objective truth of a proposition unless he can provide evidence which logically justifies that certainty. This is what agnosticism asserts and in my opinion, is all that is essential to agnosticism. ["Agnosticism and Christianity", 1889, Thomas Huxley]

Gary Denney
    >>>-----The Archer----->

Comment

Technically yes you would...however CIV only checks for the CD at startup, so if you wanted to do the CD/DVD shuffle you can play CIV on your LAN with one copy. This in no way is a legal statement by Firaxis or 2K, but if they really wanted to enforce the 1 Game for each computer I'm sure they would have coded random disk checks.

CS
      Global Admin/Owner
      Civilization Players Leagues
      www.civplayers.com
      http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

Originally posted by CanuckSoldier
        Technically yes you would...however CIV only checks for the CD at startup, so if you wanted to do the CD/DVD shuffle you can play CIV on your LAN with one copy. This in no way is a legal statement by Firaxis or 2K, but if they really wanted to enforce the 1 Game for each computer I'm sure they would have coded random disk checks.

CS
        Good to know, thanks - I'm going to be installing it on my wife's PC in the hopes of luring her in...

Comment

Working...
        X