X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment Thread - Chronicles of Whilderhond

Post 'em if you got 'em...

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

So does this have the potential to be a short story, as with a tiny map, a full-length novel (huge map), or what in between?

Praise for your writing skills is unnecessary, its quality as obvious as Graath in his prime.

Comment

Glad you're enjoying so far....and as for the map, she's a standard sized, continents map, so I suspect that we'll have a number of tales before we reach the end....

-=Vel=-
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Well if Vel writes one of those page-long posts every 5-6 turns (which is what he's doing right now) on Marathon mode, he'll have 200 posts/pages. I think Vel has a lot of time on his hands to do such a thing, I didn't say that time is wasted though, hehe. My AU DAR took like I dunno 6 hours to complete so I would expect this to take about a month to fully complete (unless Vel gets pwned early on which would probably be the funniest thing ever) Some minor grammatical errors, but I find more errors in the L.A. Times so I think this is well-written.

Personally, I like reading the AU DARs and the small stories that people used to post here better. If there isn't another AU game soon I'm gonna just create one myself, this site is a little slow on the SP tourneys and AU games imo. I also like the games where people get stumped and post it for others to try out, those threads are fun.

But I am sure there's people that will read Vel's thread and enjoy it so I say keep going, they may not post, because well....it *may* seem dorky to say you like fan-fiction.

Comment

Oh yeah I hope when you meet say the English you type in an English accent, lol, now I'd get a kick out of that. Or did you change their names to to match your story? booooo

Comment

That's coming soon...and yep...they're on Whilderhond...

-=Vel=-

Comment

I wonder which mindset you have when playing this game. Do you do play it like a normal game, using all your knowledge of the game mechanics and future advances to make your early choices? Or do you roleplay in the sense of making the gameplay choices that "Jarl Edgeburg" would make?

It's hard to tell yet. For example, the quest for the end of the river makes sense both as the yearning for the unknown the first chief instilled to his people and as a strategic choice (looking for city sites that the river would immediately connect to the capital). Perhaps it can be regarded an intuitive strategy. Research, on the other hand, is something that apparently just happens in Cerilon. (Unless I've overlooked some subtle hints, there are no explanations given for the research choices of Mining and Bronze Working.)

Oh, needless to say, I've enjoyed these stories a lot.

Comment

In suspense

Are we going to see the rest of the story?
                "It might be a good idea." -- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western Civilization.

Comment

Perhaps in addition to your strategy articles (which my roomate and I salute with triple huzzahs) you could provide some sort of fanfiction writing guide for us bumbling authors
                  First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                  Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Hey guys...I had not wandered back this way for quite some time. The health troubles have been taking up most of the time I used to spend here, and this series of stories was sadly neglected.

I don't know when, or even if I'll be able to get back to them, but I would regard the experiment as a success, given the favorable comments...

And Turtle...I don't think you need any help...

-=Vel=-

Comment

Maybe you should treat it as a long-term project: A couple of turns each month ... leading up to a spaceship victory on the eve of the release of SMAC II.

Comment

Working...
                      X