Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I reached over 23000 points (top ranking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I reached over 23000 points (top ranking)

So, I deceiced I wanted to try something I've not tried before as I'm normally a builder type. I started a new game with settings balanced, standard, epic and noble. As I wanted to try how it would be to be able to produce units with an absolutely maxium level of experience, I chose Japan as civ (agg/ org) also cause of the organized trait to keep costs down when conquering.

I used the aggresive trait to go early to war (for me to be) with my neighbours, first Mali then India. Mali I "included" quite early into my empire and got most of Gandhi's kingdom during two wars (Peter took the rest later). My economy was of course running red (between -8 and -12 GPT), but my aggresive style gave me enought gold from conquered cities to keep up untill I had built enough courthouses and markets.

When I got the right civics, I changed to Vassalage and Theocracy to get totally 4 extra XP. Later on, after building West Point and Pentagon, my army pump city gave me units with 14 XP including Combat I. I upgraded most of my units here to Combat IV and using them to attack to get the Commando promotion cheap. This made it possible for my infantry to have fun deep in enemy territory.

I really enjoyed how easily I could have wage wars and conquer land. I think my best unit had Raider III and Combat III, but as the XP drops to 10 when upgrading, I just didn't bother to try to gain 40 XP with that unit to reach next level. But my biggest suprise was yet to come....

I had all victory conditions on. I had three cities that produced form 250 to over 400 culture points heading for cultural victory. Building space ship was just a matter of getting the techs and I ruled the world with about 60% of population and somewhere between 55 and 60% land. I was getting close to invade my good friend Montezuma for domination, but decided to build the UN first as I thought I might have enough friends to get a diplomatic victory (just a long shot). None of them voted for me and I was a bit disappointed... However, my own votes gave me maybe 75% more votes than required and I won with getting over 23.000 points and reaching the highest rank! Not too bad for playing warmonger....

(I changed civics often in this game to change from between Vassalage/ Theocracy and others depeding if I going for war or peace. Next time I'll try the same, I'll go for agg/ spi)

wow... thats quite a score

props to you

does highest rank mean that you were julius ceaser in the leadership ranking? if so, wow again!

Comment

couldnt...resist...
      if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

something tells me that they cheated.

Comment

everyone seems to be cheating when they put in superlative results
          if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Hmmm all the sudden im not so proud of....
            Attached Files
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Working...
            X