High culture but no borders??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High culture but no borders??

In this game I played on Monarch level. Because of my high culture one English city already flipped over.

You bet I was therefore very surprised to see that my capital lost its borders on the Mali side. The capital had a culture of 5000. Timbuktu had reached out to my capital by about 6 tiles. I supposed its culture would be huge. However, on the victory condition screen it did not show up as one of the high culture cities.

I studied the border information again to see if borders could be influenced in any other way. Number of cities could be it but Mali did not seem to have an extremely large number of cities.

Does anyone know what is happening here?

I included the save game in case you are interested.
    Attached Files
    Franses (like Ramses).

My initial hunch was that there used to be a nearer mali city that got razed.

But I think it's just a matter of so much culture, the mali capital has over 3 times the culture and over 11x the culture income.

The reason it doesn't show on the victories screen is I suspect due to the lack of any other Mali cities with over 5000 culture, ie 3 cities with 5000 culture gets you ranked, 1 city with 15000 doesn't...

Comment

Ah, interesting Blake. That might be it indeed. Thanks.
      Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

I think it's because Mansa has 2-3 cities building up culture on those tiles (depending on the tile), while you only have 1.

Every city with a tile in it's radius (what it would be if there were no competition) is building up culture on that tile. The further away the tile is from the city, the less culture builds on it.

Comment

I think it's because Mansa has 2-3 cities building up culture on those tiles (depending on the tile), while you only have 1.
          Yeah, Djenne has around 8000 culture.

Comment

Working...
          X