Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yin v. Krill: Yins Introduction to MP

OK, just set up a quick game with Yin:

Balanced map script, duel map, low sea level, rocky climate, medium turn timer, 120 turns.

I was Bismark EXP?IND (gotta love those cheap forges and granaries)

Yin was Qin, FIN/IND

---

I started off with a 5 turn scout, in time with my 5 turn growth, to make two scouts, and no warriors, and then a worker. I discover Yin quite soo, his capital was about 10 tiles to the west of mine, and I was right on the coast. With the scout that discovered Yin, I explored his land without losing the scout, and researched archer, building some archer to send to Yin. I used 2 forest chops to speed the archers, and a settler.

Only one Archer reached Yins capital, as the other was diverted to hold some land the the imediate east on yin, and to my west...rice, floodplains, hills, gems, real nice terrain. Parked the archer in yins borers on a forest, opposite his capital, and arranged the scouts so that I could see every movement that he made. Ended up capturing an (undefended) worker, and using that to improve the terrain around my second city. I researched IW, and then Meditation, timing the research so that there was a good chance of the religion being founded in my 2nd citiy to pop the borders. It workers, adn I had cultural defence if yin ever tried to attack my 2nd city (hamburg).

Built Stonehenge in my 3rd city, which had copper in the first 8 tiles, and iron in the 2nd rind (4 turns for obelisk, 9 turns for stonehenge, but I could use a forest chop for henge, dropping it to about 7. That meant Henge actually got me iron faster, due to the extra culture).

All the while, my capital was building a forge, and a barracks, and then axes. I was about to go and knock on Yins door, when he had to leave and yielded to me.

---

Overall, it was a really fun game. About 45 minutes to play about 70 turns, and I am sure both Yin and I learnt more about the game. I'm looking forward to our next game...
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

yin is a quitter!
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Hey, He had to either help his wife (be her slave...and not in a good way ) or face my hordes of axemen and soon to arrive swords and Horse Archers.

I still claim the win, mind.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
      X