First game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First game

Just got through playing up until about 1200ad in my first game (Noble difficulty) and can say I am loving it!

Definately worthwhile so far. Not as complex a system as say, Ages of Man for Call to Power 2, but the streamlining can make things a bit more digestible for the brain. Also, will keep games flowing pretty quick.

Not liking the 'normal' speed setting too much, as I am flying through the tech tree pretty quick. But, I am more of an 'epic' fan anyway, and like to linger in each of the eras.

Combat is simple 1v1 of course, but a lot more interesting with promotions! There's some real potential for strategy here.

The economics and civ management of the game is slick as ice! A lot of the hassle stuff like corruption has been changed to be a lot more fun (less is more

Really looking forward to more game time, and to checking out the real gem: MP!

Pictures !!

(less is more

Absolutely, spot on!

Not liking the 'normal' speed setting too much, as I am flying through the tech tree pretty quick.

Use to be in that camp too, not anymore though. Now I can actually finish a couple of games a year.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Yes, I do agree that the game is more finishable. I have to play it more to give a 'real' opinion.

Comment

Yeah, it's a bit fast for me too.
        Here's hoping for a "super-epic" mod!

Comment

Working...
        X