Crowded existance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowded existance

I'll try my hand on a story about my game as the Japanese. I wanted it to be a bit crowded for this game so I chose nine civs in a normal map with continents. I won't cover the early game to much but to sum it up I made sure I founded Hinduism and tried to grab a fair bit of land so I could compete. I am a novice player as most of us are, the difficulty is Noble.

Here is a picture of the current situation, to the northwest we have Spain, southwest the Americans, south the Russians and to the east my friends the Germans. As you can see it's very tight and there has not been much room to expand, but that's the way I wanted it. When there is no room you will have to make some.

After I have finished the city improvements I plan to build an invasion force, but I am not sure on where to use it. The only thing I know is that if I want to become a major player I must get a hold of more land. Fortunately I have an iron resource so I can build some of the more powerful units. There is a strategic problem though, right now my most likely target is Spain and my iron is right next to the their border. If they manage to pillage my mine my whole military production will halt.

My other alternatives are America or Russia in the south, but I fear that such a campaign could become more troublesome since it will leave me more open to a couple of civs ganging up on me and they already dislike me down there. In the east there's the Germans who have adopted Hinduism that I founded and are generally pleased with me. I count on them shielding me from the warmongering Aztecs to the east and possibly aiding me in war. In technology it is quite a tight race, all the civs are trading with eachother.

Last edited by Footie Mad; October 29, 2005, 12:11.
    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

I will update my progress or failure when I start playing tonight.
    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Heya - if you use the [img] tags for thumbnails, which should be directly under your upload file in the uploads directory, you can actually see the pics you're talking about

Game sounds good
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Ok thanks for the info I changed it now so it's a little more user friendly.

Comment

Strategery

I don't know if Civ4 works like Civ3 (it's in the mail, so I haven't played yet), but it looks like your culture is about to absorb Toledo. Why not just build some more culture instead of military units?

Comment

Re: Strategery

Originally posted by Cardozo
            I don't know if Civ4 works like Civ3 (it's in the mail, so I haven't played yet), but it looks like your culture is about to absorb Toledo. Why not just build some more culture instead of military units?
            Well, Toledo still has over half its city radius workable. In my experience (little though it may be, I only played three games now), a city in this situation will not flip at all. I would start getting hopeful for a flip only when it's surrounded on three sides by my borders, while full enclosure is pretty much a guarantee.
            XBox Live: VovanSim
            xbox.com (login required)
            Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
            Spore page

Comment

Re: Re: Strategery

Originally posted by vovan
              I would start getting hopeful for a flip only when it's surrounded on three sides by my borders, while full enclosure is pretty much a guarantee.
              That's the only time I've had a city flip to me in two games (and I'm glad it did.... turned out to be my Oil city ).
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
              X