I Really Would...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Really Would...

I really would love to play. The game looks very fascinating, but alas, the game requirements are too consuming. My computer simply has no chance of playing the game, and my salary simply has no chance of buying a new computer haha. So, here I am at my brother's house to play the game. The problem is that the game is running too slow for me on this computer (and my brother's computer which is slightly better than the one I am currently on crashes oft and on from the game) here making the game more of a chore than an enjoyment. I am not intendeding to complain whatsoever but merely state my dissapoint in the game being more of a difficult process than fun due to its high computer requirements, which is a gigantic problem for me on the aforesaid fronts.

All in all, though. to truly show my optimistic side of Civ4, the game does appear to be very immersive and way beyond Civ3. I am impressed from the little I have played. However, just to reiterate my previous sentiments, I wish the game were a little less computer requirement intensive, even if that meant the subtraction of 3D graphics.

Well, happy Civing, and I imagine similar to Civ3 the game will become more computer friendly as patches begin to be released (at least that is how I remember/hope for it...). I await seeing more responses from the rest of you, because I'm anticipating to see what the general feel is for the game, especially from those that are not encountering painful computer drawbacks.
    Last edited by TechWins; October 29, 2005, 02:03.
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

We might be in the same boat. My computer is 4 years old and I am worried that Civ 4 won't run properly on it. I'm wondering if I should even buy Civ 4 until I can get a new computer next year some time. Not having Civ 4 is painful but having it and not being able to play it would be excrutiating.
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Yeah, it is quite tough I must say. Thinking that Civ4 is actually HERE makes me tingle.

I'm now on my brother's computer, so I'll give it a try and hope for the best while I play.
      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Working...
      X