Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's [Inter]National Novel Writing Month!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's [Inter]National Novel Writing Month!

The goal is to write a 175-page (50,000-word) novel by midnight, November 30.

What: Writing one 50,000-word novel from scratch in a month's time.

Who: You! We can't do this unless we have some other people trying it as well. Let's write laughably awful yet lengthy prose together.

Why: The reasons are endless! To actively participate in one of our era's most enchanting art forms! To write without having to obsess over quality. To be able to make obscure references to passages from our novels at parties. To be able to mock real novelists who dawdle on and on, taking far longer than 30 days to produce their work.

When: You can sign up anytime to add your name to the roster and browse the forums. Writing begins November 1. To be added to the official list of winners, you must reach the 50,000-word mark by November 30 at midnight. Once your novel has been verified by our web-based team of robotic word counters, the partying begins.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Sounds like a good excuse to get around to writing that civilization-based novel for some people around here.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Did you finish?
      Here is an interesting scenario to check out. The Vietnam war is cool.

Comment

Thanks for asking. I personally didn't compete in this due to RL concerns this month.

But, on that subject- I have 3 fully completed novels & 1 Nonfiction:

1) Spy Thriller 70,000 words
        2) Fantasy Epic 180,000 words
        3) General Fiction-Humor College Life 80,000 words
        4) NonFiction Humor Pamphlet 25,000 words

And a few in progress.
        1) Fantasy Epic 2 80,000 words (40K to completion)

Sadly, all have been rejected by several agents and book companies. But I keep trying. In december, I'll send off a few short story proposals. Thus far, I've managed to get nonfiction published (some in semi-prestigious places), but never fiction.

Yourself?
        -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Fantasy Epic? Mayhaps I could view a pre-release copy?
          First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
          Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

If you're willing, I'll send it on. I hope you enjoy it. Could you please PM me your email address?
            I'm open to "big picture" comments on the piece.

Best Wishes,

~ DC.
            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

You have the address, I can't wait to read the tale.
              First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
              Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Working...
              X