Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I got thick skin, I really have enjoyed writing

But, I quit because I werent very good against the greats here

I "enjoy" but seriously, having quit school early, missed out on proper writing skills, i.e. English in high school, ya all know nouns,pronouns,adjectives,adverbs,ect.

I write personally because I enjoy it.

But do enjoy reading the impressive writings of those here

I wish I was more skilled, but however, passion for story writing is here

Thats personally why I quit writing here

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

* Have you considered reading books on writing, GT? Or perhaps looking at one of the "Dummies guides" or "idiots guides" to grammar- they're written to appeal to popular audiences and are more entertaining than the dry and sometimes useless school textbooks?

If you feel like you want to improve those particular tools, I strongly suggest pursuing those paths.

That being said, the most important thing about writing is to do it so that one enjoys it. Every time you write, if you take time to edit, you will learn a bit more about yourself and about your writing, and you will improve.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
        * Have you considered reading books on writing, GT? Or perhaps looking at one of the "Dummies guides" or "idiots guides" to grammar- they're written to appeal to popular audiences and are more entertaining than the dry and sometimes useless school textbooks?

If you feel like you want to improve those particular tools, I strongly suggest pursuing those paths.

That being said, the most important thing about writing is to do it so that one enjoys it. Every time you write, if you take time to edit, you will learn a bit more about yourself and about your writing, and you will improve.
        Indeed, a path I should consider

thanks for advice

Comment

c'mon Gramps, I was in high school when I first won the stories contest. Write what you want, we won't chew it to death.
          First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
          Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
            What sort of fiction novel?
            A fantasy novel, I want something like The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe to read to my kids (when my wife and I have some)
            First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
            Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
              well you could 1st ask where have the writers gone?

then you could ask where have the readers gone?

then when you know the answers to those two questions you can ask them why they left a place that was like home to so many...

There once was a worker from Knantucket
              who went out to look for a bucket

wont go there
              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Addled Platypus

There once was a worker from Knantucket
                who went out to look for a bucket

wont go there
                I am thinking of writing some

Including looking into DC's suggestion, will start with perhaps a short storyline

Maybe we could, by simply doing, start some interest?

I am not talking about spam or barage of garbage, but a few of us doing some writings

Just thinking aloud is all....

Comment

Gotcha Metaliturtle- good luck!
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Thanks DC, right now the novel is more or less a piece of garbage, it will take 7-10 siftings to see if there's a diamond hidden within.

Comment

Working...
                    X