Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want an interesting story? Well READ THIS..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want an interesting story? Well READ THIS..

:Hi to all readers! This is an updated version of my current story "Legion" - The One Man Army. I have tried to correct some minor mistakes in the story itself. I have also pasted all the chapters into one un-broken storyline.

Replys would be most welcome. Thanks

P.S - Keep on comming back for more, because I update repeatedly.

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One: The Ari Road

Where shall I run to?, my armies to the north of Trier hunger for re-enforcements. Again and again the walls of Trier splinter from the waves of Germanic warbands’ that sweep our ever fading fort. Has Mars forgotten his cloak? For we stand alone, our allies the ever changing Dacians watch from there land as our Legions become overwhelmed with death.

No, I must not run, for if Rome can defeat the Gauls, Phoenicians and Britons then let not even the gods stand in my way. Allies or no allies I Quintos Taurion, will go alone on a mission assigned to me and no other. To find help where others give none.

Before It is too late……

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A slow gust of wind pierces the weary generals red velvet cape as his small black whisps of hair floats with its breeze. He had taken his Helmet off earlier while packing his rations for the long mission ahead, and even though it hurt him to see the once shimmering helmet leave his head and approach the dusty road in front of him, he had to do it as it could be a ‘death flare’. Shimmering off the scorching sun above him reflecting the suns rays, this could alarm any men waiting for a tired solo general to kill.

So onwards, the lonely general travels, walking for hours on one isolated road: The Ari Road. It wasn’t so bad, you see nobody ever walked that road for the scare of raiders, outnumbered their will to travel abroad. The Dust and sun were his only actual company, his only company. Stopping to an eerie halt, he senses something different in the air. The feeling he always got before a battle or on the brink of a sword attack.

But those days had passed like the power of Rome had also done.

No he was alone.

But he sensed and knew very well, that the road, dust and sun were the least of his worries as a man with long blonde mattered hair stepped out of the surrounding forest.

"UNE HIEHT A HOONDAAA"!!-Quintos recognized the war chant that echoed from the fierce warrior only a few leuges away from where he stood on the road, but it wasn't Germanic but Celtic. Surprised as Quintos was, he drew his short sword,-light but sturdy it was the only thing standing between him, the blonde warrior and what looked like the rest of his tribe, crying the same war chant with explosive vocal booms. Quintos knew there was no time for negotiation, with his grip becomming stronger and stronger on his sword. The Celtic warriors sprinted with tremendous speed towards the loney General, who at that very moment prayed to "Mars" god of war, for wolf like reflexes and an unnerving bravery, worthy among the gods!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like a heard of stallions they galloped towards the seldome General. With each deep breath Quintos took. A step closer his opponents appeared.

Quintos tried to do a quick head count, so he could then calculate how many, and how much force was required to kill them, these "wild" men from the forest east of the "Ari road". Too late.
    With his sword already drawn from its sccabad, Quintos awaited silently for the blonde leader to come first.

"First in line, first to die" thought Quintos, as he finished, what he thought was his last, free, breath.

Then, as if quicker then the hand of "Mars" himself, a black flash harpooned passed Quintoses helmet then landed itself apon the blonde leaders' head. Causing a red spurt of blood gushing from the unfortunate warriors skull.

This happened so quickly that it took Quintos a split second to drop for cover from what ever was taking place. Quintos then tilted his neck, giving him a full view from was taking place behind him, and what he saw he would never forget:

An army, a Dacian army!!. This wasn't a one way slaughter. But a massed war!!

Quintos hurridly scuttled towards the surrounding forest, before the other celtic warriors (bent on blood-lust) collided with what looked like "The Dacian Tribal Guard".

Quintos didn't know if the Dacians were on their way to aid his already defeated fort, or to crush whats left of the celtic tribes completely.
    All he knew was, that friend or foe, he would not move from the blanket of forest, until he could really pin-point the meaning for this battle.

Pin-point the happening for this war.

:The sound of clashing metal and screams of agony could be heard echoing throughout the (once quiet) region of Ari. The battle lingered on, into the next sunrise of the following morning. A steady cloak of fog had crept silently onto the battlefield, as the last remaining Celtic warriors retreated into the forest from which they came.

Quintos never slept.

Whenever he came close to closing his eyes, the screams of the dying and the already dead would bring him back to the cold reality of war.
    Quintos had had his share of battles and wars. He himself was a famed hero among his regiment. But his battles were fought on common ground, with common men he knew and trusted - with his life, if it need be.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This battle was different, Quintos was alone, on uncommon grounds; watching bloodthirsty men who he didn't know, yet alone trust. He knew one side was the Celts, the other: Dacians. But that was about all he knew.

Instantly, the atmosphere changed. No longer were the customary screams or grunts heard throughout the hills and trees of Ari. It all merged into a deadened silence. The type of silence that happens before a battle, not after it.

Quintos crouched lower.
    His knees virtually numb to the bone.

Low murmurs could be heard.
    "No doubt the accent of Dacians" thought Quintos
    Dacians in the surrounding regions spoke latin a form of Italian originally spoken in Latium, a Roman state.

They were shunned by Romans during the Roman-Dacian wars. But after being conqured or as the Dacians themselves say "willing to be involved" into Roman religion ,language and way of life. Romans slowly began to acknowledge thier bravery and most of all - Warlike potential, as allies, and one day even equals.

Quintos slowly peered through the branches in front of him, sighting a familair Dacian banner, Quintos after hours of waiting painfully arose from his spot, brushed away the fallen leaves from his shoulder and made his way towards Arorn son of Salletion, leader of the Imperial Dacian Guard.
    :
    :
    :

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I will update it soon. So keep on checking here.

NubianMercenary
    Empires may come and go, but the word of God remains eternal.

Why a new thread?
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

:Well I have decided to install another very small chapter into the story.

enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome Quintos" the low robust voice of Arorn thundered throughout the valley, gaining the attention of those who survived the aftermath.
      :
      :
      :Arorn was a tall, broad-shouldered general. With jet black hair and piercing cold brown eyes. I had served with him during the Roman-Greek wars. We each had honour for eachother, yet despised eachothers people at the same time - not exactly a friendly relationship, but as close to "friends" as a soildeir would expect to get during war-time.
      :
      :
      :"It has been many moons ago since I last saw you at Rome" Arorn reached out his hand and shook mine accordingly. His hands wrapped over mine, revealing a long scar stretching from his thumb over to the inside of his index finger.
      :
      :
      :" Yes it has, old friend"
      :
      :
      :"Tell me Quintos, why have the Germans attacked your fort at Trier?" Arorn asked while raising an eyebrow.
      :
      :
      :"So you finally got my message then?" Quintos replied.
      :
      :
      :"Come my friend, there is much we should talk about concerning this war, and our alliance" Arorn announced while motioning his hand towards Quintos to follow him.
      :
      :
      : Arorn and Quintos - (with the rest of the Dacian survivors) - made their way back to Arorn's camp, not far to the north,

As slowly, very slowly, Vultures cirlced above the dead.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that is all for now but I will keep on updating soon!

NubianMercenary

Comment

Let go with the storytelling and finish this piece the sooner the better so we can read the whole story would be nice.
        Here is an interesting scenario to check out. The Vietnam war is cool.

Comment

:I am sorry if the story is too "unflowing" to read, but as such I am only making the story up in my head the very minute I am typing. And since i have school, In have only about a good 1-2 hours on the internet, 15 minutes of that is making the storyas I go.
          :
          :
          :But please bare with me, when I say I will update soon, I mean it.

NubianMercenary

Comment

Nubian, I have good advice. Think about your story while riding on the train or doing some other no-brainer activity. I brew up my stories while walking to school in the morning which takes 40 minutes cause that's when I think the best.
            Here is an interesting scenario to check out. The Vietnam war is cool.

Comment

: Hay thnx dude, the more advie the better, BTW I will try that.

NubianMercenary

Comment

Working...
              X