Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Diety!!!

<Baba Yetu plays in the background>

Metaliturtle bobs his head to the tribalish sounding Baba Yetu music. It begins to get repetative so he clicks the custom game button quickly. He puts all the sliders on random, then a weird idea crosses his mind.

Difficulty slider @ Diety.

Saladin's smiling face greets Metaliturtle. It appears Saladin is the victim.

Metaliturtle groans because Saladin is only good for doing an early religion rush, and Metaliturtle doesn't know if that will even work on Diety level.

"No Settler choprushing for me," Metaliturtle thought.

First glance at the map gave him hope, stone nearby and goodie huts in the vicinity, excellent starting point. Mecca is plunked down in 4000 BC, warrior heads east to go 'splorin'.

Three turns later, warrior has been given several woodsman promotions, Metaliturtle feels like the game is winnable. He discovers polytheism 4 turns after meditation is discovered. Metaliturtle rejoices that he has founded a faith!

Isabella shows up, and she must have writing because she wants open borders, Metaliturtle agrees because she is on the edge of the empire with an axeman.

Archery is discovered on the next turn!

The warrior meets a Lion the following turn and is RUTHLESSLY DEVOURED!!!

"Welcome to Diety" Metaliturtle thought.

Metaliturtle quickly sees his hopes for an uber religious empire as Judaism, Taoism, Christianity, Confucianism, and Christianity are all founded in far off lands.

"I'll make a military presence I guess," thought Metaliturtle.

Her Royal hotness, Catherine the great decides to pay Metaliturtle a visit. She gets open borders too, promptly sends 4 jewish missionaries into the Holy lands of Hinduism, and then demands polytheism, which Metaliturtle thought was weird until he realized that Catherine mooched all of her religion stuff from Isabella.

Alexander decides to pay a visit, apparently he is "teh 00b3r 1337!!1!one11!" He declares war on me for being friends with Catherine, and now there are knigts sitting outside of Medina.

Surprisingly, Alexander doesn't attack Medina, rather, Catherine lands 4 galleys worth of pikemen and I get to watch a slaughter.

Now my cities are guarded with russian pikemen though...

I've just discovered bronze working!! (YAY) Now I can cut down trees.. wear high heels... etc.

Hatsepshut shows up and requests something from me, I don't want her to have anything because she's the #1 AI, instead I say, lemme offer you something better... and then flee negotiations.

Isabella gives me a map for a big pile of gold, I learn that I'm surrounded by her on three sides, she outnumbers me four cities to one.

"I think I'll stay on good terms." I said.

On the same turn, every wonder I ever thought about possibly considering researching the tech to build... was built.

I am still playing the game, but I almost want to declare war with someone to see what happens.

I do not have a chance to win this game, I usually win on Warlord but not past that level, what do you guys think could happen that would be funnier than what has already happened?
    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

It would be funnier if Caesar showed up, gave you the finger, asked you to bend over and then burned your city to the ground...and then asked if you wanted some salad.

I feel your pain metal.
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

closest thing I got is Alexander, who will probably do that anywho
      First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
      Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

If you declare war, you die, it's that simple right now.

I played 2 Diety games a couple of weeks ago.

First game, Alexander wiped the floor with me.

Second game, I actually managed to finish but finished dead last. I was research (maybe) gunpowder in 2050.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I do think it would be fun to die in a blaze of glory

I could also use the world builder and give myself a one city Island with some mad defense and watch the rest of my empire crumble!!

Comment

The only way I ever won a Deity level was in CIV 3 with a lil tweaking. Basically I made a custom map with one island and starting locations all on that one island. Then I tweaked my scout with super strength and maximum numbers of attacks per round. Then on round one 4000bc I used my scout to slaughter all of my enemies on the first turn. I got over 60,000 points for it. When I played the normal way our flag logo had Lincoln bent over with a Roman flag planted in his bum.

Comment

I wound up winning a cultural victory (Space race was of or I'da been screwed) the biggest help was Hinduism, Isabella was complaining about me not having a good religion, so I switched to the paganism civic and sent Hindu missionaries into her lands, soon isabella was hardcore Hindu.

Then I switched back to Hinduism for the mad diplomacy boost, and had two cities dedicated solely to great artists.

My soldier cities had to begin pumping out units like mad (3-5 per city seemed to hold Alexander back) and I started making culture bomb after culture bomb in my outermost city.

Then Isabella's cities started to flip to me and I thought "crap, now she's gonna be p.o.'ed at me" but besides a minus one for "our close borders spark tensions, nothing too horrible happeined. Oh and when her cities flipped they gave me a free mech inf, which was nice!

I think that eventually Catherine and Isabella were at war because Catherine all of a sudden was a total jerk, so I ended negotiations with her and started gifting obsolete units to Isabella, which she promptly upgraded to SAM infantry and tromped over Catherine.

Meanwhile, Alexander must've had his thumb up his bum because he fell behind me in tech and started begging for a handout of the handouts Isabella would give me. I figured I'd help him since I was planning a cultural victory anyway.

Cool (potentially scary) stuff that I saw:

1. Isabella tried to culture bomb Medina, and even got the percentage down to 43% before several Great Artists and religious buildings changed that.

2. An AI city with a 30 unit garrison, getting attacked by six different 7-unit stacks.

3. I forgot I had open borders with Isabella, so when the tanks started rolling around my capital I almost pooped.

Good news things:

1. The AI wasn't as hostile if I tried to look meek and humble (It's hard to not look meek and humble when you're cities are guarded by spears)

2. On diety, ICS is dead, even some aspects of REXing will more likely give the Barbarians some nice cities that the AI civs will get.

3. The AI has the same policy on tech trading it would seem, since as a friend to Isabella I wound up dropping my tech to zero so I could make troops and culture, but as long as I could give her gold, she owuld trade, or if I asked for something "for a good friend." A diplomatic victory seems very doable on Diety compared to some others.

Final notes: If I had not turned off space race, Isabella would have walloped everyone, it may be an exploit to turn it off since it seems to be the main victory that the AI is skilled at.

Comment

I love your post metaliturtle, learned a few things too.
                Because I'm a nut, I had this http://gunboundomglol.ytmnd.com/
                on in the background and it made it all the more amusing.

Comment

Was this a Richard Simmons [Mod] Diety or a Sid Meiers DEITY LEVEL?

Just asking

Gramps
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Metaliturtle = Genius.
                    Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

hehe well done indeed
                      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Yes, diety... richard simmons = Jibblies

YAY SKILORD!!!

Umm, I got engaged in November and ummm, yeah, been busy

GT and SKILORD PM me your addresses or email me

mande169@uwsp.edu so I can send you guys invitations, the wedding will be in Stevens Point WI in June 2007

Comment

Working...
                        X