Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zionist conspiracy

great start...

I get two goody huts right away, both are settlers... so I get three cities in the beginning instead of 3, basically.

This is a huge advantage. My civilization expands at a rate 3 times the rate of the AI. Even though ICS, for all intents and purposes, is dead, I still find myself expanding my empire at a rate dependent upon the amount of cities I have early on. I know it depends on other factors, but this start definitely helped me.

Well anyways, I had some good city placement. These three cities each were placed next to FOUR resources each. Two of the cities were coastal cities by fish and corn. The other city was by a river with lots of flood plain and a wheat. So flood was plentiful.

Anyways, I basically have spread Judaism across to every other AI civ except Tokugawa. He is being a DICK! He won't give me open borders. But I am going to kill him off soon.

The difficulty is Noble... it's a Large map. I am India. Gandhi.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

You might want to recheck the difficulty. I seem to recall reading (in the manual, I think) that goodie huts will only give settlers or workers on Warlord and below. Either that source is wrong, or somehow you aren't on Noble difficulty... it'd be nice to know which.

I love the thread title, though.

Comment

then it must be on warlord? I dunno...

I don't recall changing the difficulty... whatever is default
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
        I don't recall changing the difficulty... whatever is default
        Chieftain

Comment

I just about had a heart attack when I saw 2 settlers from huts! I feel better now that I know it's Chieftain.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

is there any way to check to see what it is in game?

or do I have to wait until I finished it?

it is most likely warlord, that is what the other three games I have finished were at
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The Victory Conditions screen has the difficulty level on it.... F8 I think.
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

What sort of health bonus do you get in your cities due to difficulty? That should allow you to determine it if Victory Conditions ain't the way to go

Gosh, that was quite helpful kitten

Comment

thanks guys

yeah it's warlord, not noble

but yeah, next game I will probably try noble because this is just too easy

or maybe I will go 2 difficulties up, I dunno...
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I have also had some good luck on Warlord, I have been able to achieve a space victory in about 3 hours.

I think the Philosophical leadership special ability is my favorite right now. I played the Saudi Arabians and Ohh my! Having double the normal amount of Great People is a huge advantage. I was able to utilize the hieghtened birth rate to pull way ahead in tech early. This offset by heavy early expansion plan and by the 19th century it wasn't even close.

I have not tried a Philosophical Race on Noble yet, but I will give it a try. There seems to be a bit of learning curve between noble and warlord.

Comment

3 hours is fast...

my first 3 games were like 13 hours, 12 hours, then 8 hours...

this one I thought would be longer because it was a large map and the others were on standard... but I am doing so AWESOME I dunno how long it will be...

if I decide to just go BUCK WILD and PWN the n00b AI's I can probably win by conquest very quickly... but I might just want to build up culture and get some more techs and wonders... I dunno...

I really want to get open borders with Tokugawa and complete the ZIONIST CONSPIRACY!

I think the Mongols have open borders with him... maybe I will gift them a whole bunch of Jewish missionaries and hope they spread him Judaism... Anyone know if the AI is smart enough to do this?

I don't want to waste the units... but I guess I have nothing better to do.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I finished my first terra map Saturday. When I got to the New World, some of the goody huts had barbarians sitting on them (not cities, just one unit). Two of the three gave me a settler, which made colonization much easier. Do the defended goody huts give better results, or was it just a coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                          thanks guys

yeah it's warlord, not noble

but yeah, next game I will probably try noble because this is just too easy

or maybe I will go 2 difficulties up, I dunno...
                          Yea, you should probably just skip Noble, it's pretty easy too. I started out on Noble, but I've only played a few games and might bump my level up a difficulty or two for the next game.

It would be nice if I could finish a game though - it crashes after I uncover ~50% of the map or so.

Comment

Originally posted by alms66

It would be nice if I could finish a game though - it crashes after I uncover ~50% of the map or so.
                            that sucks

yeah, I have not had any bugs or any problems whatsoever... the game has been running perfectly for me!

/me knocks on wood
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I look at it this way, I'm building a library of games to be finished once a patch fixes the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X