No announcement yet.

Largest Barbarian City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a size 19 barb city on the 'New World'. but it was rather late into the game.

Comment

Re: Largest Barbarian City?

Originally posted by wiley15
      Exploring a far-flung island in the 1400s I was stunned to find a size 11 barbarian city! Its land was completely developed and it had more structures than most computer cities. Of course, its two archer defense detachment weren't really ready for my cavalry.
      What is the larget barbarian cities you guys have come across?
      For some reason, I feel like you should sign this message, "Yours, Cortez; P.S. We burned the Temples of Sun and Moon and killed all of their birds -- do you think they'll get mad?"
      Esquire

Comment

Re: Largest Barbarian City?

Originally posted by wiley15
        Exploring a far-flung island in the 1400s I was stunned to find a size 11 barbarian city! Its land was completely developed and it had more structures than most computer cities. Of course, its two archer defense detachment weren't really ready for my cavalry.
        What is the larget barbarian cities you guys have come across?
        hehe I like it. good to see the barbs having some fun. hopefully they will get their warmongerness tweaked a bit in future patches, or mods
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by samsmithnz
          I've lost a captured city to its former owner before. It took about 5-10 turns, and I tried my hardest to stop it (even with an artist culture bomb), but it was too close to its capital.

hmm. startin a custom game, there is an option "city Flipping after conquest" with the tooltip "cities that have been captured via conquest can convert peacefully back to the previous owner" . so that means to me, that under default rules it wont happen!
          War and courage have done more great things than charity. Not your sympathy, but your bravery hath hitherto saved the victims.

Comment

I've seen a barb city that built a Monolith.

The best I've seen had built the Hanging Gardens, that was a nice gimmie!

It seems the only things barbs will build that give culture (and thus expanded radius) are Monoliths and Wonders. I guess the monoliths go obsolete too soon for them to build many.

Comment

Check this one out:

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Try this again:
                Attached Files
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Maybe I'll turn on the raging barbarians and c what happnes.

Comment

playing earth 1800 ad, epic, and after quickly snatching western South America from the chinese after our war i started colonising norh america, i found a barb city with a lot of culture and size 16 (or is this a wrong use of the word?)

Comment

I learned the hard way that Barbs are a lot better in 4 than 3. Left Philly with only an archer defending, and lost the damn city to a couple barb axemen.

Then spent the next 5 or 6 turns trying to win it back, weakened the defending archer significantly, and the damn Japanese decided to take Philly for themselves.

I'd have none of it. *****es wouldn't give me the city back fair and square, so I took it.

Pissed Mao Zedong off big time too - he's declared war on me 3 times since . . . looks like him and Tokagawa are buddies.

Comment

I once saw a size 16 barb city with tons of improvements (including fishing boats) defended by a healthy stack of muskets, longbows, and cavalry.

Wait, that was Mecca, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeGator
                          I learned the hard way that Barbs are a lot better in 4 than 3. Left Philly with only an archer defending, and lost the damn city to a couple barb axemen.
                          That happened to me in my first game (as England). London had only a Warrior defending it, and an actual horde of Barbarians swept down on my lands. They took London and kept up constant pressure on my other three cities for centuries before I finally got it back (down to 3 pop'n from 8).

That little 'incident' dropped me from 2nd place to 7th.

Biggest Barbarian city I've seen is in the Earth map (Ancient era start). I haven't gotten close enough to see the population, but its cultural borders are huge. It's in Mexico.

Comment

I too have seen a huge barb city playing the earth map in mexico.

I wonder if that is put there from the start. Might have to try and open up the world builder and see.
                            Early to rise, Early to bed.
                            Makes you healthy and socially dead.

Comment

I was playing a terra map and saw somover size 10 cities in the new world.

Comment

I usually turn off barbs on terra maps now
                                First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                                Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Working...
                                X