AU 202 - Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AU 202 - Planning Thread

Sorry for the long hiatus everyone, but things in RL have kept me occupied. I think it's high time for AU 202 to get rolling.

My proposal: In the Navy! Naval tactics and amphibious assaults, and how to use them effectively. Archipelagos and efficient use of island lands.

Do others feels this would be a worthwhile course, or is there something else you've been itching to learn about?
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Wait, there are naval options in Civ IV? I thought the only useful ones were fishing boats.

Comment

Well,

I think naval tactics is an important thing to study...

you have my %100 support ZargonX
      Last edited by ZEE; March 14, 2007, 14:06.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Sounds like a recipe for the Vikings...

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I'll go along with that.
          And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Yes; Archepello [lots of little islands] + Vikings would be a very worth while course.

(Particularly since I'm currently playing a huge Marathon Great Plains region map [start was in Southern Texas] as the Ottomans.) Noble level but with Blake's AI Mod. I dought I'll build any naval units other than work boats in this one.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Vanilla?

Not everyone owns Warlords (or more accurately, I don't) so is it possible to do this course with Vanilla? Or maybe have a Warlords and a Vanilla version of the course?

Comment

The Vikings will probably be the chosen focus civ for this course, which would, of course, be a problem for non-Warlords-owning players. I will look into the possibility of developing an AU202b

Comment

I've actually never played the Vikings. The closest I've come is playing the Inca in vanilla CIV.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I'm bored, toss my hat in the ring here to play teh vikings.

Especially since, I, as well, have never played them. Been having far too much fun with shaka.
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Looks like we need some definite Viking love around these parts. I will get the course ready and have it up relatively soon!

Comment

Just do it with the latest version of Blake's AI mod. It should make for a significantly more fun game.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

1 request; don't tie everyone to one game speed, allow the use of Quick/nomal/epic/marathon
                          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Eek, I've never actually used Blake's mod. It sounds great and all, but I'm sorta waiting for the "final" version. If the scenario is set up with Blake's AI, will I be able to play it with my stock (but patched) Warlords?

-Arrian

Comment

I'm wondering whether a large map with a high water level (hence a lower percentage of land) might make for a better naval strategy game than a standard map with intermediate water level. Assuming, that is, we could count on people's computers having the power to handle it properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X