AU 103 - Planning Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AU 103 - Planning Discussion

Well, it's been about a month since AU 102, and the lack of further DAR entries tells me that perhaps this last one was too hard/too boring/too something. So, let's aim to correct that. I feel with AU 103 we can safely move to a Warlords-based scenario and start to examine some of the new civs, changes, and traits, etc.

My initial thought was an investigation of the Vikings, mixed with an examination of naval tactics in Civ. I know I personally tend to neglect my navy, so perhaps others have this problem as well.

Thoughts?
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

One topic I suggest is Specialization:
    I think I miss something about them.
    Maybe we can try some Philo leader with another new trait.

PS:
    Well, I left Au102 in the middle of the ancient age because I got Warlords...
    Sooner or later I'll be back to play it.

Comment

Well, I think the main issue is that Warlords had already been released by the time AU102 had been released (as vanilla).
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Aside from Warlords related competition, I think the play-out in 102 was too long. Would have been more interesting if the Alu was within an AI's borders.

But I like the idea of the Vikings, even though Beserkers a bit of red herring.

Comment

Re: AU 103 - Planning Discussion

Originally posted by ZargonX
          Well, it's been about a month since AU 102, and the lack of further DAR entries tells me that perhaps this last one was too hard/too boring/too something. So, let's aim to correct that.
          AU102 was fine; I played out the whole thing, losing the space race by a couple of turns to Kublai (on Immortal). It was fun. I just never got around to writing a report.

I think the main problem resulting in the lack of interest was that it was vanilla Civ4. You will always get more participation from the keeners who buy the expansion. At least, that was my experience with Civ3 AU courses.

As for the maps, it would be nice to get a little variey in the starting locations: most of the Civ4 AU courses I recall have had very generous Food-rich starting locations, usually with multiple Flood Plains. This makes for pretty repetitive early-games. I'm not saying that we should focus on "dud" starts to provide more challenge (those are pretty unpopular), but mixing things up a bit would go a long way.
          Last edited by Dominae; September 23, 2006, 15:03.
          And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Same here.

Nothing wrong with the AU, IMO.

Next time I'll try to stop the game every time to write.

Best regards,

Comment

Also, we'd want AU 103 to start also the patch that's expected in October.

There were actually major game changes in the first couple of patches of vanilla.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Yes, I've started working on the scenario, but with the patch pending, I'll hold on to it a little longer.

Comment

Warlords please
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

AU 103 Time?

Comment

Well, the patch is now out, so it's time to get AU 103 rolling! I was still planning to do a course focusing on all things naval, but I am open to any other suggestions/requests people may have!

Comment

May be the warlords traits? (Cyrus= Charismatc and Imperialist).

And I promise to stop my game a lot, to write it in English.

Best regards,

Comment

I think do a Warlords thing Z_X and do Naval later, we are almost to the point where the newsness of Warlords has worn off, lets get on that bandwagon before its gone..........
                          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Yes, I'm going to try and have a course up later today for everyone!

Comment

Working...
                            X