AU101 - What Would You Like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AU101 - What Would You Like?

What focus would you like to see for this course?
    Religion-centric
    19.19%
    Great People-centric
    47.47%
    Warfare-centric
    19.19%
    Banana-centric
    14.14%
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

I'd like to see a(nother) warfare type game, But it's followed in a close second by GPp.

I really would like to see the diference between placing the GP in your cities, or using them for instant gratification.... 2 different attempts on the same starts intrigues me.

Otherwise I want to know how to use banana's to gain world conquest.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

He who controls the bananas controls the universe!

Anyway, I want you builders to show me religion. It's come to a point I don't even bother founding it anymore.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I note that Religion & Great People are very complementary.

One of the quickest ways to Great People is by building early wonders, and early on they are religious techs & prereqs.

While if you can get a multi-religious holy city, it's more powerful than seperate ones, and the way to do that is to slow down city building by building wonders.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Banana-centric = we have to have to aquire a monopoly of the resources?
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Hmm, I wanna show UnO religion. Maybe Spain-on-a-lake and shoot for the Hydra?

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Yup! Spain-on-a-lake!
              Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

Well, a little over 50% of the cote is for a Great-People-centric focus. The only problem is, what exactly would that be? I mean in terms of religious-centric and great people-centric, I think that is just your style of play.

Instead of picking what you want to showcase, you need to showcase different leaders and different starting positions and most importantly different victory types. Then we can see oh this person founded Hindy and converted their neighbors and did a peaceful spacerace launch, while another did an axeman rush and while another used a lot of Great Prophets to keep research high, etc.

But if you really want to showcase religion or great people, you should probably just select a leader like Mao(my favorite PHI leader) or mabye Sally, I think Sally is PHI with mysticism, right? He'd be good for religion or great people.

Comment

xxFlukexx, the main point of AU is for people to try out a style of play they haven't neccessarily tried before.

I think it's a given that if Great People wins, that we'll play a PHI leader.

If Religion wins, we'll probably play a SPI leader that starts with Mystism.

If warfare wins, we'll probably play an AGR leader.
                  Last edited by joncnunn; February 5, 2006, 14:02.
                  Templar Science Minister

Comment

I think great people would be most interesting, at least for me that's a part of the game I never appreciated much.

I'm not so sure how to make that an organized course, since there are lots of different approaches. Or maybe that's the interesting part, one is going to use them for golden ages, another for teching, etc...

Comment

On Great People:
                      Saladin can make by far the best use of Great people, it's almost mind-blowing. Saladin is in a league of his own with the holy trinity of Philo, Spi and Mysticism.

I'd suggest a less extreme leader, like Mao (Phi/Org), Peter (Phi/Exp) or even Alexander (Phi/Agg).
                      The danger of a leader like Elizabeth is that the financial trait is (often) the one best to focus on. Alex is warmongery, but it's very necessary to use his Philo trait to support the warmongerizing. I suppose the choice of leader depends on whether it's "Maximizing the benefit of GP" or "Using GP to complement your strategy", like Saladin is firmly in the first category while Alexander fits in the second.

Comment

Great Persons- i.e Culture bombing

I just dont have it mastered-yet
                        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I think GP is best for 101 b/c it's something that, after reading about it and playing so many games, I still don't quite get. Warfare and religion I get, and though I'd benefit from a 200-level course on them, I don't feel like I have fundamental questions about them like I do about GP.
                          Esquire

Comment

Great People >>> Culture Bombing

The Great Artist is THE Cultural bomber, but all the other great people have other primary use.
                            Templar Science Minister

Comment

I would like to ask Blake,please:
                              Why mysticism for GP?
                              Best regards,

Comment

Working...
                              X