The first 40 turns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kptb
    Just save your game every other turn (with the same name to save HD space).
    Do we know if this clearing of the games memory on moves is accomplished by auto saves? I have my game set to autosave every turn, and I never experience crashes unless I am trying to do something crazy and run too many programs in the background, so I have a feeling setting autosave to 1 or maybe 2 might help some people with crash issues.

Comment

Re: Conclusions

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Franses
      My conclusions are:

1. The best sequence is not obvious
      For me this investigation does not immediately show a superior sequence. This is supported by the impression I had from the AU thread about the first turns. I read that before doing the investigation and, to my surprise, it seemed that, although several sequences were used, the outcome did not differ to much.

Imho, that is a good thing since it enables you to play the game and not do stupid investigations like this one

Yup and this is what makes the game so good!! In previous civ games the strategy was obvious and even in AC it could go down to about three different types..former first, colony pod first, or warrior first with former first then a colony pod almost always giving the largest turn advantage...Civ IV is by far the best of the Civ games. Just wish they had kept the role playing aspects of AC by making the religons mean something, giving the ones you choose an effect on your civilization (heck make up religons if you are that afraid of making someone angry!)
      A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx

And in other news...I started AU 1 again, dominated up thru 1762 (used Farseer, rather than CS Slingshot), but the game crashes at 1762 I guess I'll wait till the next course....*sigh*

-=Vel=-
        Hey Vel can you give a link to explanations of what farseer and CS slingshot mean? I've stayed away from the AU game yet simply because I don't understand how it is supposed to work..thanks!

Comment

dacole, both Farseer and CS Slingshot are strats to get expensive & valuable techs from the Oracle. Farseer times the Oracle to complete once the prereqs for Metal Casting are researched, then take MC. CS Slingshot times the Oracle to complete after Code of Laws then take Civil Service and switch to Bureaucracy. The latter has been discussed exhaustively on the strat forum and the AU100A contains numerous examples.

Comment

ah

Beauacrecy is an interesting civic..seems not all that useful at first but if you are not going to war immeaditly it can be useful. Can you point me to where these are disscussed? They are not coming up on the lists I see and going through all 500 or so posts of the AU game is a little much for me..

Comment

Dacole, Bureaucracy's shield bonus also applies for units.

It's Organized Religion whose shield bonus is specific for buildings.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Ah true but it's only in one city..as well I've found the happiness boost for heriditery rule very nessecary for going to war. Thats the real reason I stick with it over bureaucracy.

Comment

Working...
                X