No announcement yet.

Initial Civ IV AU Courses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure, sounds like a bug. Might be a game speed setting problem. Were you playing on Quick, Normal, or Epic?

Comment

Normal.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Ok, I'll be leaving work soon - I'll be home in about an hour, and after I deal with dinner I could post the scenario. Shall I, then? AU141, "In the beginning..." ?

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

"Civilization IV (PC), Posted on 02/11/2005"
          The sweetest words I have heard in a long time.

Do you recommend that I play through a couple of random games first or can I just jump straight in to your scenario?

Comment

Totally off topic for this thread, but I love the internet. In my last game as Bismarck, Peter the Great had completed all but one space ship component when the internet finally gave me the last few techs I needed. I put Berlin to work on the SS Engine and after setting the city to maxmize production, I would finish it in about 13 turns.

I then rushed some panzers across the Russian steppes, even though I was totally outclassed by Peter militarily, in the hopes of maybe distracting him from the space race. After 13 turns of having my tiles flatted by Russian bombers, I did indeed win as my last two components finished on the same turn.

Just a week into Civ IV, and I am already having classic games.
            http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Perhaps a good starter course (or courses) would be to use the same standard map and civ, and try for each type of victory on it?

Comment

Working...
              X