No announcement yet.

What to do with AU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen or used this tool before, but I've used it a bit in the past for other "school" systems(my wife's Harry Potter online school) and Moodle works pretty well. Its easy to set up, and it depending on what people want, its pretty flexible to modifications. Oh, and its free.

http://moodle.org/

Comment

Great to see all the enthusiasm and ideas!!!

Lemme catch up on all the threads to date in this forum, like I did in the Strat forum, and then I'll start chiming in too.

/me goes off to read some *more*.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I don't think it's wise to go down the scoring route for AU, for results or for attendance.

Comment

Hmmm....

Still accepting applications?

Condensed Resume:

SMAC/SMAX:
          ....nothing really....

Civ III:
          * 3 Strategy Threads early on in the game's life cycle

* Alamo Scenario, which was something of a "proto-AU" scenario, just when the school was finding its feet

Civ IV:
          * 1 Strat thread nearing capacity, a second one about to begin

I'd like to participate as much as time will allow, however, I'm about to start a night job, which will put me getting up at 5:30am, and getting home at just past midnight, monday - friday, from now till ~ the end of February, so I may not be able to do much during that timeframe....but there's always weekends....

-=Vel=-
          The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

LOL Velociryx. You sound a lot like me. I work 7 12-hour days every week, from 4 pm to 4 am.

Take it from someone who knows: You work too much!

Comment

Now that the patch is out, I have a candidate scenario for our first Civ IV AU game. I'm going to play it out for a while to make sure it still looks good as things develop before I post it.

Comment

Don't I know it, Elmo! Trying not to, but....*shrug* Life in the United States...

And good news, barclay...looking forward to it!

-=Vel=-
                The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

After trying a couple games I wasn't happy with, I finally figured out that I could look around in the World Builder to see whether the resource situation looked decent. So the game I ended up posting is one I haven't play-tested any, but I'm hoping it will work out okay.

Comment

Originally posted by nbarclay
                    After trying a couple games I wasn't happy with, I finally figured out that I could look around in the World Builder to see whether the resource situation looked decent. So the game I ended up posting is one I haven't play-tested any, but I'm hoping it will work out okay.
                    I'm sure it will be fine.

Comment

I am looking forward to playing the first AU game.

Velocyrix: I am just glad I have an internet connection at work, otherwise I would never be online.

The wife a longer list for me than work does. Tomorrow is decorating for Christmas day. Actually next WEEK is decorating for Christmas day. hehe We have way too many decorations. I think the lights dim throughout the southern U.S. when I finally turn all the lights on.

Comment

Working...
                      X