Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion How does game decide where to put holy cities in your empire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess that just always feel like marginalizing my megabonuses so I don't do it. I'd rather put one of them in my GP farm and disassociate it from my slider.

edit: I admit that the above decision is more emotional than rational. I should, but often don't even think about, doing the math and figuring out what would be better.

Comment

I think it really comes down to what you're trying to get out of your cities. You can either do a mega science center and let all the other cities fund things or you can let one mega city fund most everything and let all the other cities research.

WS/NE is just a preference of mine. One of the bigger weaknesses of it is that WS is expensive and takes longer to get than Oxford. Not to mention the difficulty of founding multiple corporations/shrines compared to getting the great library and running several scientists.

Comment

Originally posted by Brael View Post
        I think it really comes down to what you're trying to get out of your cities. You can either do a mega science center and let all the other cities fund things or you can let one mega city fund most everything and let all the other cities research.

WS/NE is just a preference of mine. One of the bigger weaknesses of it is that WS is expensive and takes longer to get than Oxford. Not to mention the difficulty of founding multiple corporations/shrines compared to getting the great library and running several scientists.
        That's a good point too. By putting WS in the capitol there are... how many turns you're missing out on having a national wonder in your capitol.

Comment

Originally posted by Brael View Post
          Bit of a necro but the information probably isn't easily found at this point. It's random. First it looks at the number of religions in your cities and gives preference to the cities with fewer religions. Then it looks at city size and gives a higher preference to larger cities. If you want to try and stack a holy city with multiple religions the best thing to do is spread all religions in your empire to every city and then to whip down all cities other than the one you want the holy city to goto. There's still a bit of a random element but that's the most you can do to specify it. Oh, and the capital is never the holy city unless it's your only city.
          This does seem to work. I got four to go into one city using this method. But I was also isolated and didn't have any AI founded religions to mess anything up either.
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Yeah, I had one game where I had it set up and a religion spread into the city the turn before I founded taoism and it screwed everything up.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Simplest way to have a super holy city, is of course only found 1 additional city until you've filled it with 2 or 3 shrines. I have done this a few times. Slows early growth but makes you a financial beast later when you need it.

However since the addition of corporations, it's just not that important anymore. As I'm usually cranking corps before i can even build wall street. And corporate income blows the pants off of religious income.
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

It seems pretty random. While a lot of the time a religion is founded in the last city you built, every once in a while it just goes into some random city. On those occasions, there seems to be no logical pattern.

Comment

this isnt the way it works in the game, but it *should be based on where your capital or seat of power is, just like in real life. The Vatican is not in Rome by coincidence...

Comment

Working...
                  X