Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was playing Civ 4 tonight. Rise of Mankind mod. and i think i figured out pretty decent performance boost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was playing Civ 4 tonight. Rise of Mankind mod. and i think i figured out pretty decent performance boost.

I was trying to get the old prototype game going on win 10 and that requires a bit of work around part of which involved messing with the affinity and amount of cores.

So while I'm playing my regular slog of a lag fest ( but still love it and play it no matter no long the turns take) even on my 16 core machine, i decided to see if all the cores are checked off and they were. i then checked out the priority tab and low and behold civ4 was set to "below normal" priority. i set it to high priority and the turns are loading more than twice as fast now.

doubt it's a fluke. hope it helps some have a better experience with the most amazing civ mod ever made. Kodi tutuapp
    Last edited by kodexof731; August 11, 2023, 03:46.
    Building virtual empires and forging alliances on Apolyton, where strategy and diplomacy shape the course of history!

Listen, what you just told me is absolutely fascinating! drywall installer

Comment

Working...
    X