Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think civ4 will be better or worse than civ3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think civ4 will be better or worse than civ3?

Well, where do you think civ4 will stand comparing to civ3?
    Civ4 will be much better
    21.43%
    Civ4 will be a bit better
    28.57%
    Civ4 will be about equal to civ3, some upgrades will be made but other good things lost
    21.43%
    Civ4 will be worse than civ3 (more looses than gain)
    7.14%
    Civ4 will be much worse than civ3
    0.00%
    There will be no civ4
    21.43%

IMO, Civ1 < Civ2 < Civ3, so probably Civ3 < Civ4.

How much better? I don't know. I'll just say a bit better to be on the safe side.
    Last edited by Cyclotron; February 24, 2003, 13:43.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Infogrames looks to be a thing of the past. Firaxis is going elsewhere.

Sid Meiers doing new things, I guess. His Civil War games were great, and so much more could have been done with those. Didn't happen.

Time marches on. Should I sigh or should I smile?
      "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

There will be no Civ4....

Civ1 was brilliant as a game and as a concept.
        Civ2 got the gamebalance right but wasn't new anymore.
        Civ3 proves that you can only take a game concept so far, it gets old real fast.
        Civ4 would only sell on the basis of its name, because that's the only thing that is left.

The rest is all gone...time for a fresh start
        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Originally posted by CapTVK
          Based on how profitable Civ3 was, I find that to be unlikely. The main motivator of creating a sequel is how popular the last one was. Whether you like Civ3 or not, you have to admit it made a sh!tload of money. It seems probable, though not certain, that a Civ4 will come out to try and duplicate the success of Civ3.

Most likely, ad infinitum until the software line becomes unprofitable or Firaxis (and the copyright) dies.
          Lime roots and treachery!
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

I voted for a bit better. I was very optimistic before Civ3, and it is a good game, but the hype was even bigger. So I'll try to be more realistic now.

I do to some extent agree with CapTVK though, the game consept is getting old, we need some fresh ideas! I've understood that C&C: Generals is a good game and that it's made by a whole new team, and not Westwood. Maybe that could be good?(OK, not as CTP of course)
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Civ4 is coming.
              Things will be getting better.
              Do not hold your breath.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                Civ4 is coming.
                Things will be getting better.
                Do not hold your breath.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Civ3 is however much, much better than Civ2 in my opinion. Civ2 is just somehow unplayable for me, don't know why (I bought Civ2 and Civ3 at one time). Probably it is just so that the every new generations attracts more new gamers, but also looses some of the old ones?

Comment

Originally posted by CapTVK

Civ1 was brilliant as a game and as a concept.
                    Civ2 got the gamebalance right but wasn't new anymore.
                    Civ3 proves that you can only take a game concept so far, it gets old real fast.
                    Civ4 would only sell on the basis of its name, because that's the only thing that is left.

The rest is all gone...time for a fresh start
                    Because you have seen/played all versions.
                    People who play civ3 as their first civ game will look at it the same way you did with civ1
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

There will be no Civ4. Civ3 will be merged with SimGolf and the common successor will be called Sid Meiers SimBanana.

Comment

Civ4 is inevitable.......and it'll probably be better than Civ3, though whether it can relatively be as good as Civ1 and Civ2 were when they came out is unlikely IMO.

Comment

Basicly anything they churn out has to be better than civ 3
                          No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Working...
                          X