The greatest Civ game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The greatest Civ game

This maybe one of the big questions about Civ in the Civ community. Which title is ultimately the best and greatest; the champion of all of them. Is it the original Civ with all the nostalgia? CivNet maybe? Civ II with the improved game play and multiplayer gaming? ToT - Civ II with MP and some other changes, is that the winner? Civ III with the new concepts and 3D graphics? Or maybe it's Activision's CtP2 that takes the title because of it's great ability to be customised?

This question puzzles me too occasionally, but still don't have the ultimate and final opinion. Because of that I'm officially positive towards all Civ titles as I really don't know who's my favourite. I guess it's Civ because of all the nostalgia and memories, but it could well be someone else. So I decided to vote Civ, despite it could someone else.

So which Civ title is your favourite?

I included CtP and CtP2, despite it can be disputed if they can be accepted as they're made by Activision, but I didn't see any reason to exclude them. I chose Civ II MGE as it has the MP support and the CiC and FW add-ons. Civ II UCC counts as Civ II MGE in this poll. I.e. all standalone Civ titles (not add-ons) were included in the poll.

P.S. No boring banana option included.
    Civilization
    7.53%
    CivNet
    1.08%
    Civilization II Multiplayer Gold Edition
    35.48%
    Civilization II - Test of Time
    4.30%
    Civilization III
    27.96%
    Civilization: Call to Power
    7.53%
    Call to Power II
    16.13%
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

LMAO

Just stay to the topic.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

This gets way too off-topic, but yeah, just a sec.

NOW back to the topic.

Comment

Civilization.

I admit them all that they have significantly improved the genre, one building atop of others' ideas.

Although I wouldnt play it anymore because I can play its more advanced cousins, civ I is the best

*remembers the unforgetable and unrepeatable cycling water for example*

Comment

what about FreeCiv or Colonization?

i voted civ2

Comment

Call to Power has some problems, but the Public Works system beats the heck out of moving millions of settlers and peasants. Although it can be slightly annoying to create armies, stacked combat is a lifesaver once you get it going.
            Last edited by Mr. President; January 13, 2003, 04:55.
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

There's no plain Civ II choice! I accidentally chose CTP II *ugh *

oh well
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

It was no accident

civ1-3

CtP2
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

HT: they're not Civ games.

DC: no plain Civ II choice as it wouldn't otherwise match up so well with others that have e.g. MP support. Although I concidered it too.

Comment

Civ2 MGE by a country mile.

Comment

Civ2 MGE
                      civ1 is next on my list

Comment

The version that has taken most of my time over the years:

Civ 2
                        Civ 1
                        CtP 2
                        Civ 3
                        CtP 1
                        SMAC
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Well, CivII in general
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

PtW?

Comment

Working...
                            X