Freeciv vs. Civ2MP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeciv vs. Civ2MP

Seeing as there's already a SMAC vs. Civ3 poll here's my attempt to get the fire going. A Freeciv vs. Civ2MP poll!

Some conditions before you vote though:[*]You must have actually played one regular game of Civ2MP[*]You must have actually played one regular game of Freeciv (SP or MP).
    Freeciv, all the way!
    0.00%
    Freeciv, just ahead...
    0.00%
    About even
    0.00%
    Civ2MP, just ahead...
    33.33%
    Civ2MP, all the way!
    33.33%
    Aw...screw it...let's play the banana game!!!
    33.33%
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

i haven't tried freeciv in a long time, i can't compare right now.

Comment

I can't vote - having played neither. CIV2 SP was pretty cool though...
      (+1)

Comment

Freeciv... it has a really nicely made future technology concept.
        But it... it just "doesn't have it". Civ2MP, just ahead.

Comment

Hehe Cap, one of these days I will get around to trying Freeciv....but I am going to wait till you've polished it.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
            Hehe Cap, one of these days I will get around to trying Freeciv....but I am going to wait till you've polished it.
            Always tomorrow but never today!
            Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Comment

Lots of free jam and you could yet be a civ2 beater.

Comment

Id have to say Civ2MP because i get alot of illegal operations trying to start freeciv client sometimes, can be very annoying. The graphics dont bother me so much, but if im gonna be staring at the screen for 4+ hours id rather stare at civ2...
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

LOL, I bet this wasn't the response you were hoping for, Cap I'd love to vote for FreeCiv for you but I'm afraid I have extremely little experience with Civ2MP, so that wouldn't really be fair, now would it?
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Aah maybe i made it sound too bad (he said backtracking) one thing i do like is that i can download it at work in no time and play and the execution faults disappear on the winME machine at work as opposed to my home win98se machine...
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by panag

only seven voters
                      Cap (quite rightly) banned those that haven't tried freeciv from voting. But there aren't that many that have.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                        Id have to say Civ2MP because i get alot of illegal operations trying to start freeciv client sometimes, can be very annoying. The graphics dont bother me so much, but if im gonna be staring at the screen for 4+ hours id rather stare at civ2...

That's where tools like Civ2gfx come in. Just take your own Civ2 set with you. That's what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

Cap (quite rightly) banned those that haven't tried freeciv from voting. But there aren't that many that have.
                          That condition is there with good reason. Polls tend to go a bit out of a whack if you're voting for/against games you haven't even actually played yourself. Only actual experience should count, not some personal bias based on "hearsay'.

As for the low turnout, well the year has just started. I'm sure more people will come along. Plus I haven't voted myself yet. heheh...

The poll results you say? Well, there isn't a single game in the world that appeals to everybody, commercial, free or otherwise. Some like Civ3 or CtP, I like Civ2 and Freeciv. If people don't like it it's their own preference.
                          But remember, your opinion counts with Freeciv. If you're complaining about a bug, a poor feature or bad graphics and can make valid case it usually gets adressed . If you're willing to invest a little of your own time it goes even faster.

And those results do count....
                          Last edited by CapTVK; January 16, 2003, 18:49.

Comment

Working...
                          X