No announcement yet.

How do I know I have Civ 4 Complete???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I know I have Civ 4 Complete???

Ok, my first post here, and it will probably show how stupid I am....

Anyway, I had the original Civ 4 since it was first released. I recently purchased Civ 4 Complete from amazon, and I just installed it today on my laptop. The box and disc are all factory fresh, and say Civilization 4 Complete. I was assuming you would have a choice to access the Warlords or Beyond the Sword expansions from a menu or something....to my old mind, I can't see that things look any different than my old Civ 4.

How do I access the newer expansions? or are they already "baked in" to the game?

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to exploring this site more....lots of good info here.

Steve

Hi Stevarian and welcome on Apolyton.

I have civilization 4 complete installed on my PC at home and as far as I remember (I am not at home) you should have some shortcuts in your start menue targetting at Civilization 4, Warlords and Beyond the sword. Look for Firaxis or 2K Games and then Civilization 4 (there isn't the word Complete, as far as I remember once again), the shortcuts should be there.

Hope it helps, feel free to post here if it doesn't and I will have a look when I get back home.
    Last edited by Tamerlin; June 8, 2012, 08:29. Reason: I don't want to tell it, is it serious doc?
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Ahhh!! LOL....thank you....I was assuming there would be a menu when I started the game...that was it....so, I have only played regular Civ 4...any suggestions on where to start??

Thanks again!

Comment

Glad to have provided some help.

I am myself coming back to civ like games and cannot really be of any help. I would be better at CtP2 though...

There are some strategic guides and "where to start" documents here on civfanatics where you will also find some of the posters lurking on Apolyton.
        Last edited by Tamerlin; June 8, 2012, 14:03. Reason: I won't tell anything, go to hell!
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
        X