Dale's Combat Mod and unit stacking number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dale's Combat Mod and unit stacking number

It's been a long time since my last post here but I feel like playing a civ game these days. Which one is the question.

I have been very disappointed with Civ5 which looked very promising but ended up as being... well, boring, to say the least. Some features seemed good on the paper, like city states, but were actually boring while playing. The one unit per tile limit is something that I found equally boring. There was also a huge number of turns when I had nothing else to do other than moving workers all around the map (which is something I dislike in every Civilization game so far, the lack of public work system as in CtP2 is beyond me).

Because of Civ3 and its rudely cheating AI (I am not bothered by AI cheatings, but Civ3 is doing it in a rude way), this leaves me with Civilization 4 and its infamous stacks of doom. These stacks of doom are killing my pleasure as military campaigns are limited to moving a big stack and hitting everything on the path, that which is also boring.

Dale's Combat Mod for Civ4 could well be the solution as there seems to be a stacking limit of 20 units, but I am not sure about it.

Can someone confirm that there is a limit to the number of units in a stack in Dale's Combat Mod?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Tamerlin; June 5, 2012, 15:22.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Unsure, but I know there's another (maybe the same?) mod that gives penalties for larger stack sizes. So, though you can have a SoD, it is no longer the best idea.

I think there's also a mod that makes combat more piecemeal, such that units don't usually annihilate one or the other, but just do like 20% damage at most. That would make SoDs a lot less important and I'd think combat could be a bit more tactical and spread out without risking lost stacks.

Comment

I know I am late but I would like to thank you for the answers.

But... English is not my native language and I must admit that I don't understand your post tysonlee.
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlin View Post
        But... English is not my native language and I must admit that I don't understand your post tysonlee.
        Come on Tamerlin, it's not your English. That guy or bot just registered to post that message 20 times across the civ4 forums. Whether human or bot, I don't care, I just trashed him or it.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
          Come on Tamerlin, it's not your English. That guy or bot just registered to post that message 20 times across the civ4 forums. Whether human or bot, I don't care, I just trashed him or it.

-Martin
          Thank you Martin, it was a strange reply indeed, Internet is a weird universe sometimes

As you can see I am no more active around here. It seems like I have lost most of my interest for computer games and I don't want to stay such a long time in front of my computer anymore. Working on a computer all day long doesn't help I suppose. I have thus started several Civ4 games but never managed to get excited enough to finish a game. I keep an eye on the CtP2 Apolyton Edition thread from time to time though... just in case.

Anyway, I hope you are doing well and wish you the best.

Comment

Oh yes. Dales Combat Mod (or The Road to War as it's called on CivFanatic).

If that could be integrated with the latest release of the Realism:Invictus mod (ver 3.6 from Dec 2022) by Walter H, then we would have a mod, that kicked A$$. Both as a Civ4 game with it's many variants and details with the way Dale made bombers and artillery really useful - both for the human player but specially for allowing the AI ​​to bombard attacking "human-controlled" units without making more-or-less suicide attacks..​
            First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Working...
            X