Map Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Pack

Just added here to Civ4\Maps downloads...

Decided to release the maps I've made, in case anyone wanted something different.

RSRB Land0
    One of my earlier maps. Attempts were made to realistically model plate tectonics, ocean currents, and climate zones. Consists of 4 continents, one large island, and many archipelago sections. World is fairly temperate, and about 65% water.

F Land3b
    Another early map. I don't really know what I was after with this, and a later release is very similar in some respects. Released anyway. One massive, ring-like continent, with a much smaller one in a corner.

F Land4
    A flat map meant to model only part of a world. Temperate pangea. This has somewhat realistic climate zones, including mountain rain shadows. Similar to 3b, it has a large sea in the middle, with many small islands about. If you have the DoF mod, you will find the starts are all the DoF civs (I think).

F DoF
    My original DoF release, though OzzyKP edited it significantly for the final diplogame. This includes more eastern territory and southern desert and my original resource locations. The Ottomans do not exist, and some civs are different. This was balanced for MP, unlike my other maps.

F Land5
    Two continents, temperate, 65% water. This attempts to realistically model tectonics and climate zones again. A later attempt than the previous files.

RS Land8
    One of my latests maps. A tropical map with multiple continents and many smaller islands. This is toroidal with random starts. Some starts are guaranteed to be unbalanced.

RS Land9
    My latest map. This is fairly large. No attempts were made to realistically model tectonics, and only minimal climate modeling was used. This was intended to be used with the "ship MP mod" discussed on the forums (similar, at least), hence the doubling of coasts. Random starts, but not resources.

RSRB Euro
    The same as DoF, basically, but with randomized starts and resources and way more tree cover.

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Cool maps.

Comment

Yes, I really like your F Land3b map.

Comment

Glad you guys enjoy them. I'll release any further ones as I make them. With most of my newer maps, I highly suggest using a double ship movement mod like we have in DoE, and modding the jungles to be more like forests as clearly I use those a lot (and mod them as such for SP). I'll provide a simple mod folder to that effect when I make the next release.

I've made a new one with three massive continents capable of 45 civs (140x140), but it's quite slow to play, though quite challenging to beat. You have to first dominate your own continent with 20 some odd civs on it, then launch very long-range attacks on the distant continents with their own superpowers (if you like a dom/conq victory). I'll release it fairly soon. Random starts, but not resources. Realistic tectonics to boot, and lots of fish

I'll be making a smaller toroidal, mostly land pangaea map next, I think, though I haven't had any good ideas for the style yet.

Comment

Download

RS Land10
            As explained above. Best with 40-50 civs, I think. Quite slow, though, so have a strong computer (and even then...). Perhaps 50 civs is too many

Comment

50 civs!! I think 18 is the max...
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Oh, there are DLLs that allow it. I use a RevolutionDCM mod. Though, after I destroyed Montezuma the-light-green while fighting a war with his master Montezuma the-dark-green, I keep getting civs from the other continents trying to get me to declare war on Montezuma the-pale-green. Confusing...

Anyway, I'm on to another map now. A 64x64 toroidal "highlands" map. Figured with all the water in the past few it was time for a real land map. 24 players is what I'm aiming for on this one, though 50 is doable if you like a challenge (for your computer). Random starts, maybe random resources (it's monoclimatic and fairly homogeneous in terrain, so I'm not sure I want to place them all personally as it's a bit pointless and tiresome). Each player starts with, on average, 160 tiles or so to himself. Raging barbs would be excellent for it.

Comment

Well, I tried that map and wasn't terribly happy with it. I will include it here anyway. Random starts and resources. Mostly land.

Here's a new one. Large continent with a few "sections", plus a much smaller one on the side. Really went for realistic tectonics. Much of the map is fairly marginal.

Comment

Working...
                  X