Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Library shows +4 culture.

Why is that?

IIRC The culture produced by a building doubles after that building reachs a certain age. I can't remember if it takes 1,000 years or 2,000 years.

Comment

cool.

so, how do you get into the algorithms and stuff anyway. i remember it was pretty easy in civ3, but i have no idea where to look in civ4; i don't think it's in the world builder.

anyway....

Comment

It is 1,000 years that the culture doubles.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Dudey View Post
          cool.

so, how do you get into the algorithms and stuff anyway. i remember it was pretty easy in civ3, but i have no idea where to look in civ4; i don't think it's in the world builder.

anyway....
          Apparently you have to be able to do Python programming to really change stuff in Civ4. I know absolutely nothing about Python, or programming. Quite a bit can be done with "Custom ame" and Worldbuilder but neither of those things allow you to create new buildings, units etc. You need to use Pythion for that sort of thing. There are threads on Apolyton on how to do all sorts of things with Civ4 using Python. (I have never looked them up as I have no clue about Python or programming)

Comment

ok. i'll check up on that.

much obliged.

Comment

I believe you can actually create new buildings etc. purely in XML. e.g., if you go into the buildings XML and duplicate a section for, say, Barracks, rename it, and change the benefits, you'll have a new building. All you need to do that is a text editor such as Notepad. The graphics will be the same, but you can also create new graphics (you'll need graphics software of course).

Comment

It was pretty easy in civ3.

Comment

Working...
                X